Wednesday, April 1, 2009

3 is not a charm

I have always said that 3 was my lucky number. It must be, my birthday is 3-3. How much more 'meant to be' can it get. When I look back at all the things lucky number 3 has gotten me, I should whack myself in the head and say "stop thinking it's lucky!" Today would have been my 3rd spectacular day in a row. I had grand plans. I was going to stay home and fold laundry, waiting for Whitley to get home from school. She had an early day and was home by 10 am. Then, I was going to get to the temple. No rushing, just a quiet day to myself. Well, we woke up to Katy's eye being very crusted and red. Lovely, pink eye. I thought I would just take her up to the Walgreen's little clinic they have in there now. Close by, quick trip, no fuss. Wrong! I was there over an hour. Only one person before us. We walked around, terrorized the toy isle, ran up and down the isles...it was painful. Finally, our turn. Yep, pink eye. Now the 20 minute wait for the drops. Not to mention they didn't take our insurance so it cost me $70 plus the $5 for the ball and candy I had to get for the bribery I was doing. Right as we were finally leaving, Bo dropped his egg full of candy and it went spilling all over the floor. Not a good start to the day.

Got home AFTER Whitley. Got the kids settled, Katy wouldn't let me do the drops. She is impossible. I changed into a skirt, determined to get to the temple at any cost. I would not lose!! As I get close, I don't see many cars on the streets around the temple which is unusual. I went through a drive through, grabbed lunch and headed back to the temple. Yep, parking lot empty. They are closed for two weeks while the Easter pageant is going on. Do you get an "e" for effort in Heaven? So I went to the empty church parking lot to change into my jeans. I had them mostly on but got out to finish and button. Right as I stepped out, an old couple were driving right toward me. Woops, sorry bout that. Didn't mean to FLASH you. It was an empty parking lot!!!

I headed out to get my Easter basket goodies since I didn't have any babies with me. I really hate the Easter Bunny. I would kill him off if I could. If I did, I would have to kill off all other related persons and I can't do that so I'm stuck with him. Trying to find cheap, but desirable stuff to fill 9 baskets is so hard. I'm even to the point of actually asking my bigger kids "what do you want me to put into them?" Ends up being a bunch of crap that actually costs me a fortune. GRrrr, did I mention I hate the Easter bunny? I had decided to get Chelsey her own set of keys. Found a cute key chain and stopped at a hardware store to get copies of the keys made. Welllll, did you know that newer keys are made with a chip in them? What this means is that it's really expensive to get a copy made, like $200!! Are you kidding me? Guess who's not getting her own set! Got home just in time to take a quick nap before getting the kids. After school I had them all work on their 72 hour kits.

This had ulterior motives. I wanted to go to Chelsey's track meet, but then I wouldn't be home to fix dinner. If I let them get started on their kits, they would eat all the crap from there and wouldn't even be hungry. Am I a good mom or what? I made it to Chelsey's meet, but missed her vaulting. She doesn't want me to come cuz it makes her nervous. I tried to be sneaky, but she saw me and I was too late anyway. I told her I was just coming next time, like it or not. Then I will have some good pictures. I took some today but she got mad at me. "I'm just sitting here looking gross, STOP!" Anyway, got home and finished the kits, whew, glad to have that done. My house is a wreck and I don't even care. Long crazy day, not so lucky!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the part about killing the Easter Bunny. Seriously!

Leslie said...

But hey, you got to hang out with me at Deseret Book! ;)

Jake and Jenny said...

Pink eye is the worst! They never let you get those drops in, and it is so frustrating! We dont do Easter Baskets, just the egg hunt and what you find is what you get! You are such a good Mom Laurie and You get an A+ for effort in getting to the temple! It all counts!