Friday, April 3, 2009

Pole Vaulting

This is Chelsey's second year of pole vaulting. She has really surprised us at how well she has done. She just got put on Varsity a few days ago. She insisted I not go to her meets cuz it makes her nervous. I tried to sneak into her last one, but was too late. This time I told her I was coming so deal with it. She did really well. I was impressed. Her PR is 7' 6". She is so close to making 8'. Today the wind was completely insane!! I couldn't even get out of my chair or it would blow away. I felt bad for all the athletes. Katy and Bo came with me and both kept telling me they didn't like the wind. Bo was trying to golf with his new golf set but the balls kept blowing away. Chelsey's coach is a National Pole Vaulting Champion so she has gotten some extra good coaching this year and it totally shows. I'm so impressed with this girl who can do anything she puts her mind to. Woooohooooo Chelsey!










This was at the previous meet when she got mad at me for taking her picture. She was working the standards and eating pizza.


This sweet boy played golf with Bo for awhile. Thank you!!

2 comments:

Camille said...

Cool pics of her pole vaulting. And what a sweet boy for playing with Bo. That's a great picture too!

Lulu said...

Ok, that is the coolest event. She looks so good doing it too. How many woman can look good flinging themselves over a bar in any form? Woo hoo for Chelsey!