Saturday, April 4, 2009

4 + 4 = 8

Yesterday while driving in the car, Bo asked where I was while he was at Julia's house. I explained the best I could about the Bee. I told him that they all sat in a row and then a guy asked them questions. If they said the right answer, they got a point and the person with the most points wins. I told him that Stephen didn't win because he didn't know all the answers. He asked if he was saying them wrong. I explained that he just didn't know what the answer was and then said "it's like if I asked you 'what is 4 + 4' " he paused for a moment and grinned. So I said "see, you just don't know what it is, that's like Stephen". After a very short time, he pipes up " 4 + 4 is 8!" I looked back and he had his little fingers up and had figured it out. I told him he was right then asked him what 2 + 5 was. He did the same thing with his fingers and said "it's 7!" I was completely shocked that he understood that concept and told him how great that was. His final conclusion "I know more answers than Stephen does."

3 comments:

Camille said...

THAT is so cute! I love it when our little ones amaze us with how smart they are. Isn't it the best!?!

Heather said...

I love Bo and I am so glad I am getting to see him more in primary.

Lulu said...

What a little smarty! He can add AND knows how to say 'flip flops' in spanish! I'm impressed!