Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Why?

Is it ever OK to judge people? I'm not even sure judging is the right word. How about shake your head at them and wonder "why?". My first real interest in an occupation was being a psychologist. It stemmed from always being curious about why people do the things they do. I would even venture to say that I spend way too much time dwelling on the "why"s even when I know I will never know the answer.

I try really hard to look for the "good why"s for why people do what they do. You know, like when they drive stupid. First I am frustrated, then I tell myself 'maybe they are late for an important meeting' or something like that. I especially don't like to judge at the gym. You just have no idea where people are on their journey. However, there are exceptions. There are just a few things at the gym that make me think "WHY?" Yesterday I was running along on the treadmill which causes me to breath hard. The only way to control your breathing is to breathe deeply. A girl came and got on the one next to me. I saw her from my peripheral vision, but I smelled her a mile away. Seriously! Here comes the why - WHY do you bathe yourself in perfume before you come to work out? My nose was burning. I couldn't help but look over at her and then came the other why, WHY do put on full stage makeup to come work out? She also had a white towel with her that I couldn't wait to see her use. No luck, it never left the machine. That would be because she never sweated. Now, I'm not judging her really. Anyone who goes to the gym is there to be healthier and look better. Great. I just wonder WHY?? The gym should be a smell free zone. No body odor, no cigarette smell, no smelly lotions. Just use deodorant and leave the rest behind. My nose would be oh so grateful!

If I seem grouchy or overly sensitive, I just might be. I have done so good this last week and I can't get my dang scale to budge. I'm one pound away from dropping to a new set of tens and a set of tens I haven't been in since pretty much before I started having kids. Come on already!

6 comments:

Leslie said...

I'm with you on the why. Like why don't the cute guys at the gym ask if I'm married? (Haha)

Lulu said...

Oh man. That girls NEEDS someone to wonder about her. In fact someone needs to wonder out loud to her!

Jake and Jenny said...

I cant stand strong perfumes, let alone at the gym! By the way, you are looking great!

Unknown said...

Totally agree - why!

gena said...

Congratulations on dropping! That is awesome. I understand the frustration w/ being good and the scale not budging...I like to think I'm losing inches, burning fat and building muscle so that eventually I can keep dropping :)You're looking great!

Anonymous said...

I so agree - leave the perfume at home! Dacia