Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Two Terrific Days

The past two days have been so good and productive. Yesterday I got up and got dressed to work out but noticed my kitchen and decided that needed to be top of the list. After Sunday dinner, my kitchen usually needs a little extra attention so I got busy getting that done. I was trying to be extra efficient and multitask while I was doing it. I was able to do some laundry, bake bread and get my kitchen all sparkly, including sweeping and mopping by about 10:30. Not too bad for one morning! I also got the bassinet cleaned up and ready for a friend to borrow who is due tomorrow. I printed out 2 different FHE lessons about prophets and conference. The afternoon came with lots of 'here and there', but was home in time to fix dinner, make cupcakes and still have FHE in a timely manner. Glade got home right as we were starting. After FHE, we packed up the bassinet and cupcakes and took them over to the Sherwoods. We stayed just a little while and let the kids eat cupcakes with their kids then came home and got everyone to bed! I was asleep before 9:30 and that was Dreamy (pun intended).

Today went just as well. I did actually work out though. Sort of, I guess. I did a cardio dance DVD while the kids were in the tub. At least it was something. After showering and getting the kids ready, we headed out to get all the supplies for our 72 hour emergency kits. We, Glade's whole family, redo them every April. I get to be the coordinator and buy all the stuff. I like doing stuff like that. So Bo, Katy and I headed to Walmart, Sam's Club and Costco to gather all the needed supplies. I got to explain to each cashier what I was doing because each one made some comment on the amount of items I was buying, ie: 6 boxes of fruit rollups. The kids held up great, we had a quick lunch and got home just in time for naps. Today is our first day of combined scouts, so I'm anxious to see how that goes. Then tonight is the Biggest Loser and I can't wait to see who they have brought back.

It's amazing how just a little insight and some gratitude can change your experiences.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Wow, what a couple of great days. I hope they continue on through the week for you!