Friday, April 24, 2009

all things brighter in the morning

It's seems obvious that the morning is brighter because the sun comes up. But, why is it that worries and anxieties seem less in the morning than when you go to bed? The past two nights I have spent worrying and trying to solve some minor crisis going on around here and then when I wake up, it doesn't seem as dire as it did at 2 am. Strange how that works. I'm hoping we are dealing with just a slight case of "braindead" and that she will snap out of it. Always has in the past, so I'm fairly confident this time around. Although, with a teenager, you just never know!

I rocked at Bunko last night!! I know that's funny since it's a total game of luck, but I did! I got two bunkos, I can't even remember the last time I had one. I had high score and most wins. Unfortunately, the gifts of the night weren't right up my alley so I just took home my own Chick Fil A gift card. Shocking, huh? We love chick fil a! The night was good, but I was really tired. I agreed to babysit for a girl all through nap time. Another shocker, I just don't do that. But I was being nice so I did and her baby screamed most of the entire 3 hours she was here. It was only supposed to be for an hour and a half, but it kinda stretched a little. I can't say I was super pleased with the whole situation so I'm totally sure it was service with no rewards. I got no points in Heaven for that one!

Today I wanted to go to the mall to get some walking in. I just washed my hair, so I don't want to really sweat, but I should do something to burn a few calories after all I ate at Bunko! I just can't seem to find the energy for that. Staying home in my PJ's seems much more enticing. Even if it means I have to do laundry! I'm kind of sore from yesterday anyway. Today's challenge from Bob is 300 crunches by the end of the day. I did crunches yesterday so my tummy is already sore, but I'm going to do it anyway. Can't really hurt worse, right?

Today Katy is going to eat her email while she watches the yogurts play in the field.
Actually, Katy is going to eat her oatmeal while she watches the goats play in the field. It's hard to correct them when they are so dang cute!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

You did totally rock at bunko last night. Too bad you didn't have any freshly made strawberry jam to choose for your prize. ;)
It was good to see you.