Monday, April 13, 2009

A sticky, gooey day from Beginning to End

Today was a deep sigh, are you kidding...kind of day. I wanted to get a workout in, but if I went to the gym, that pretty much uses my whole morning. I decided to put the kids in the tub and do a 25 min workout video I like. I had to stop 4 times to take care of my crying, fighting kids in the tub. At one point I thought maybe Katy had drowned or something the way Bo was frantically screaming at me. I ran in to find that Katy had pulled the plug in the tub and he was freaking out. Grrrr. I got them out and dried off and tried to do a little cardio to a dance video I have. I thought it would be fun the have the babies dance with me. NOT! Try 'dance under me'. I thought I was going to kill us all. We got dressed and headed to Costco. I was out of chicken and broccoli. We have been eating a lot of that lately.

The kids wanted to go to Chick fil A, so I thought we would go there first. We did, they played and right before we were going to leave, I realized I left my wallet at home. I had cash that I paid for lunch for so I didn't realize. Now what? Go back and drive all the back again? Not to mention, my gas light came on right after I left home. I had no money and needed to make the trip there and back. Once I got all the way home, I considered just staying there, but the planned dinner included chicken. The kids were holding up, so we decided to make the drive back. We have several gas tanks in the garage, but we emptied them a while ago. I decided to just check them to see if any still had gas in them. They all did! My darling husband had refilled all of them. Yeah!! We headed back and had to sing several rounds of "action" songs to keep Katy awake. The trip through Costco was pretty good and I was happy I hadn't let the mishaps of the morning ruin my day.

THEN....there's always a THEN....I was pushing the cart out to the car and Bo and Katy were riding on the sides. Katy hopped down and was walking next to me. As soon as we got out in the road part, she takes off chasing a flower blowing in the wind. I yelled for her and she just kept going. I abandoned Bo and the cart and went chasing Katy. As I got to her, this old man who worked for Costco walked by me and muttered in a very condescending tone "pretty trusting". What?? I couldn't believe he was judging me. What was I supposed to do? As I was stewing about it while putting my stuff in the trunk, I thought "if you were that concerned, maybe you should have helped me out!" Why can't I think of these things sooner? This time I decided to take a stand. I drove around the parking lot looking for him to tell him exactly that. Never found him. Dumbhead.

It was hard letting go of that one for some reason. The afternoon was a little hectic, but we got everyone where they needed to be and home in time for dinner. I'm really ready for every one's activities to end. I'm done driving all over the place. We had a nice dinner then settled down for FHE. My treats are usually very generic and thrown together at the last minute. Tonight I decided we needed to eat the Strawberries we had, so I cut them up, threw them on a tray with some pretzels and dripped melted chocolate over them. Yum, right? Wrong. For some reason the chocolate tasted nasty. It was just chocolate chips, but yuck. I salvaged it though. Smother it all with whipped cream and who cares whats underneath!! I covered the floor with sheets and we all sat and ate while we watched the video Finding Faith in Christ. I love that one. The kids did pretty well and it was a nice evening just all being together and chillin. Whitley was absent, she had play practice. The time has come that having all children at home at the same time is becoming less and less. Sometimes it makes me sad at how close it is to my kids starting to break out on their own. Nick ate a lot of dinner and wasn't feeling so well, so he did not partake.


My sticky, gooey little family!



Doesn't that look good???


Katy does not know how to bite and chew, she just stuffs.




Dalin kept telling me how the whipped cream took away the chocolate. As bad as it was, there wasn't a single thing left on the tray!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Sorry it was such a poody day! At least it sounds like it ended up nice with FHE. Hope today is better. It also makes me so mad when people make little comments about what I'm doing or not doing with my children and yet aren't willing to help at all. Just reading that made my claws come out and the hair on my neck stand up. You are an incredible Mom no matter what some old man who has probably never gone shopping with little ones says! Have a happy day today!!!