Monday, April 6, 2009

Conference Sunday

This weekend was General Conference for our church. This happens twice a year where the leaders of the church address us via satellite. I will admit, I didn't see much of Saturday's, gotta love DVR. It's our tradition on Sunday to get up and have a big breakfast before the first session starts. This year we had eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy and fruit salad. The big treat is always a gallon of chocolate milk. The kids did really well sitting and watching. It's hard with this many and 2 little ones. Elder Neil L. Anderson was named the new apostle. I watched a short interview with him after conference and really enjoyed his answer to "what does being and apostle mean to you?" question. After the first session, Glade takes them for a walk and I clean up the mess. Then if they did well during the morning session, we have cinnamon rolls as a treat after their walk. I tried a new recipe this year and they were GOOD!! I wouldn't change a thing. About noon we walked over to take a gift and some cinnamon rolls to our neighbors who just had their first baby. OOOhhhh I love babies!! It was a nice visit.

After a short nap, we loaded up and went to the in-laws for dinner. This was the Sunday that we refilled our 72 hour kits. We had done ours, but I had to take all the stuff for everyone else to do theirs. I did pretty well, only short 12 oatmeals. The kids had a great time with their cousins. Rhett sliced his eyelid open on the tramp. He was pretty panicky, but settled down once it stopped bleeding. Even this morning he was holding a wet paper towel on it. Wet paper towel!! I'm great. We got home just in time to shower everyone and get to bed.

3 comments:

Heather said...

I would love to see you list for the 72 hour kit.

Jake and Jenny said...

I love your Conference traditions, especially the cinnamon rolls and chocolate milk! Yum! It was an excellent conference and I have a lot to work on.

Carolyne said...

Congrats on your lovely family! I'm the second of 12, so it was neat to see your family!

Conference was fabulous, wasn't it?