Wednesday, April 29, 2009

"Four-Mom" night

Tuesday is always crazy, but some are worse than others. I started out with a trip to the gym. Got home in time to get stuff all ready for the Pack Meeting that night. I was very productive and prepared. I wasn't feeling stressed at all about Pack Meeting. UNTIL.....my guest speaker called and cancelled. I had asked a Police Officer in our ward to come talk to the boys. How fun is that for a young boy?? Just so happens he is a member of the SWAT team and got called out to raid a house. Just my luck. Picked the kids up from school and the fun began!

Had to take Stephen to his game, pick Chelsey up from Track, take Brooklyn and Rhett to scouts, take Chelsey home and get back to the church to set up for pack meeting. So:

Mom #1 (that would be me) - had pack meeting at 6 pm and a Mother's Day dinner with Chelsey at 6:30. Had to be late due to pack meeting, which I run. Pack meeting seemed to flop. I even tried lots of cheers, but it was just dead. I guess you just keep trying and eventually it will turn out well.

Mom #2 (my mom) - Had to pick up Brooklyn and Rhett from scouts and take them to their school concert. She was sweet to pick up a pizza so they could eat before the concert which was also at 6:30.

Mom #3 (Chelsey) - Had to do all the driving. Brought Nick and Dalin to scouts at 5:30, then headed to pick Stephen up at his ball game. He got done around 6. He got to start and played almost the whole game! He was so excited and of course I wasn't there. I think Glade showed up for a little bit of it. Glade had his own scouts that he left for at 5:30. After she took Stephen home, she headed to the dinner without me.

Mom #4 (Whitley) - She was the stay-at-home mom. She showered all the little ones before they left and took care of Bo and Katy while we were all gone. She made dinner and cleaned it all up.

I got home by about 8:45 from the dinner with Chelsey, which was very nice. They served dinner and dessert and sent us home with a rose. The kids headed to bed and I headed for the TV. Biggest Loser night. Thank goodness for DVR. So sad for Filipe. They all did so great this week! I just don't like Ron...grrrr. Two more weeks and then I will be on my own again. Whatever will I do?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That was a busy afternoon/evening. How nice to have such helpful daughters and your mother nearby to help too.

Tammy said...

What a day! Thank goodness for all those Moms!

Heather said...

Those are the nights you lay in bed and say "I survived".