Thursday, April 23, 2009

Fat Vs. Thin

Some days I'm fat Laurie and others thin Laurie. Some days I'm even both. Lately there has been a raging battle going on that I would really like to end! When I'm fat Laurie, I quit or don't even start doing the things I know I should. I say things like "tomorrow I'll be good" or "just for tonight I won't worry about it". When I'm thin Laurie I get up and get to the gym first thing, I resist food temptations and feel good about doing it. The worst is days when I'm both. We will take the last few days for example.

Eating: Thin Laurie orders a sensible meal and feels full afterwards. Fat Laurie comes along and starts gobbling up the things the children didn't finish. Thin Laurie goes to Taco Bell and only orders a bean burrito, after, of course, arguing with fat Laurie about getting a taco to go with it. Thin Laurie is so proud she didn't do it. Then when she gets home, fat Laurie eats some of the dinner left out on the counter.

Exercising: Thin Laurie loves it! Fat Laurie doesn't hate it, but wants it to be minimal. These two always argue on the treadmill. Keep running - no stop - no go - it's too hard - your strong - I don't want to - you can beat this - we've gone far enough - no one more......I think you get the point.

Why can't fat Laurie be squelched forever?? How will I ever keep the weight off if fat Laurie still lives inside me? It's very frustrating. It's much easier to keep fat Laurie under control when the weight is coming off so I'm hoping that the more that happens, the stronger thin Laurie will become and she will conquer fat Laurie once and for all. Down with fat Laurie!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally understand! I'm there with you!

Lulu said...

Sounds like you two need some therapy... Ü

Jake and Jenny said...

You are doing so great! It is not easy to resist all the good stuff! You go Girl!

Leslie said...

I like how you wrote the description of what you're feeling. Mine would have to be Lazy Leslie and Working Leslie. I like Working Leslie better.

Leslie said...

I like how you wrote the description of what you're feeling. Mine would have to be Lazy Leslie and Working Leslie. I like Working Leslie better.

Heather said...

you are making me crack up. I think you look amazing.