Friday, April 10, 2009

True Colors

So hopefully this is the final chapter of the latest drama. To make a very long story short, this is the gist of it: Chelsey has a friend that she and I don't agree on. Chelsey loves her and I think she is a liar and a user. Chelsey doesn't see it, but knows I feel that way. This girl does not live close to us nor does she go to the same school as Chelsey. For them to get together, we have to jump through some hoops. I'm ok going through a hoop or two, but this girl's mom is never willing to participate in the driving. Since I don't really care for this girl anyway, I'm not super anxious to go out of my way for them to hang out. This is what Chelsey and I have been arguing about. Now for the actual story: They had plans to meet at the movies this morning. Originally I had offered to take her and her brothers if her mom would bring them here in the morning. Turns out she was taking them all to the movies anyway, so she and Chelsey were just going to meet there and then I told Chelsey she could either go home with her or she could come with us and spend the day together. When I asked what the plan was this morning, after all the drama last night, she says "She is going to breakfast with her friends." What???? After Chelsey fought for her last night and was willing to do all sorts of crazy things to make their plans for last night happen?? She totally dogged Chelsey! Why can't she see through this girl? THEN, this afternoon, Chelsey comes to me and says that this girl's family was in a car accident and they were all in the hospital. (except the girl) She tells me that she is really upset and doesn't want to be alone. She wants Chelsey to come 'be with her'. I offer to take her to the hospital to be with her family. Chelsey relays the offer but never returns to let me know. I guess being with her family wasn't that important, she just wanted Chelsey to come over. That is how she lies and uses. My most proud moment - I never said a word. Not one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you wish you could just thump them upside the head, and put some knowledge in? Okay, maybe not. You had the perfect reaction - by not reacting at all. Someday, Chelsey will understand. You are teaching, and showing, her all the right things.

Heather said...

uggg, I so do not like friends like that.