Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I challenge you...

OK, I've been doing most of Bob's challenges and it's not been so bad. Today, however, I thought I might die. Do you know what a burpee is? You can 'youtube' it, but basically you squat down and put your hands down, kick your legs back into pushup position, (optional: do a pushup), then bring them back in and jump straight up. The challenge was for beginners to do 50. I don't really consider myself a beginner, but holy crap!! The first 10 weren't awful, but from then on.....HOLY CRAP! I would take a break between 10's, I mean 7's, no 5's. It got so hard! I'm just curious if I am as big of a wimp as these make me out to be or are they really hard? C'mon, for me....DO IT! Let me know...I'll be dying to here...maybe literally if I do 10 more!! Good Luck...I mean that.

5 comments:

Krista Darrach said...

I couldn't do them... I'm a wimp...Only did 10.
You rock...
They are soooooo hard.

Tammy said...

Holy Crap is right! I admit, I didn't even try one tonight, don't think it'd be such a good idea. However, I remember them from High School. I can't even imagine doing 50 of them now. You are anything BUT a wimp! Good for you for still being alive enough to blog about it!

Heather said...

ok I am going to try this morning, I will let you know how I do.. You saw me at yoga so you might have already be thinking I am going to fail.

Kathy said...

I never understood burpies. Maybe I'm doing them wrong because whenever a coach tried to give them as a punishment I was like, whatever those are retarded...I must not be doing it right. I'll try them again to see if they're harder now. ??

gena said...

I hate burpees! I am suppose to do them at aerbics class, but I usually substitute something else for them. Good for you!