Saturday, April 18, 2009

It's been .......a day.

This is how my DAY started. Actually it was about 2:30 this morning when Katy came in to my room barking like a seal. This lasted about 2 hours. I have a breathing machine, but didn't think I had any medicine for it. I was wrong, but didn't find that out till this afternoon. Then at 5:45 Glade's alarm went off....grrr. No biggie, I had to be at the church at 7:15 to get to Leader Specific training. Just what I wanted to spend my Saturday doing. Three long treacherous hours to get that stupid patch. But now I'm done!! I came home, grabbed some lunch and laid down for a nap.

First Rhett came in 2 times wanting to know if he could play with this friend or that. Then Stephen called and said he would be home in 10 minutes and needed $3 to give his friend. Then Katy woke up and started the barking all over again. I called my trusted friend Julia and she said I could have some of her viles for the machine. I asked Chelsey to drive over and get them still having some hope of a nap. Nope. Chelsey came back in: "mom, I need help!" Our driveway has a very steep drop off on our neighbors side. She drove off of that and couldn't get the car back on so she decided to 3 point turn and just drive through the neighbor's yard and over their burm. No biggie. Except that their burm IS a biggie. The car just sort of teetered on the top of the burm with none of the wheels touching. Glade wasn't home, but on his way. Luckily our neighbor happened to walk by and decided he could help. He brought a big strap and hooked it to the back. When Glade got home, they tried pushing it backwards, but the wheels weren't touching so it wouldn't move. Finally Glade just backed his truck up to it, hooked the strap to his hitch and pulled her backward. What a mess. The scraping and grinding that were going on were stomach churning. She eventually got out and we checked the car over not finding any serious damage. Sigh. I guess it could have been much worse.

No nap, I'm so tired and I really just wanted to go run all morning. It's all I could think about. I decided to have a nap then run, but now I'm just too tired. Tonight is Whitley's play performance so we are going to that. Right now I would just like this day to end. Preferably with me tucked snugly in bed and off to dreamland. So many hours left!!!

Oh yeah, Chelsey got asked to Spring Formal last night....twice. Since the Prom is so expensive, our stake (church) is putting on a formal dance. It's only $5 per person and that includes pictures. NICE! Chelsey has been on the planning committee so she has had a say in what it would be and decorations and such. Really fun for her. She had heard that a boy was going to ask her, but really wanted a different boy to so I think somehow she got that message across because he invited one of her friends instead. Then another boy at school told her he was going to ask. He is a little on the special needs side so she wasn't really sure he even knew what he was talking about. Then yesterday afternoon, one of her friends came and put a banner on the side of the house asking her to go with him. Later that night, another boy brought her a t-shirt that had a cute little thing asking her to go with him. What to do??? It's rough when you're so sweet and well liked!

I almost didn't take pictures, but I just couldn't let it go undocumented.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a mom! Keep posting the most embarrasing pictures of your kids for all to see! Dacia

Jake and Jenny said...

Teenagers and driving! I put my parents through a lot and I am sure payback will be on its way!