Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Bo, BL and crazy Dream

After dropping the kids off at school, Bo asked "so where are we going after we get dressed?" I told him no where because I had some work to do at home. He wanted to know what, so I told him my list of things to do. He asked if after that we could go to Chick fil A for lunch. I told him no that we should have lunch at home. He did not like that idea, pretty sad, huh? So we went home and I went to work. By about 10, I had accomplished most of what I had wanted and went to get a drink of water, and we were out! If you know me at all, you know I do NOT drink tap water. I guess it looks like we aren't staying home after all. Bo was way excited about that. Mom told me Chick fil A was giving away something due to it being tax day so Bo got his wish. OK, I'm weak. Turns out there was nothing going on, but I had a brilliant idea! It might actually be brilliant if I had thought of it 50 kids meals ago. Since I realized how many calories in their waffle fries, I stopped eating them and now eat the fruit cup instead. Today I decided to order a kids meal for myself as well. It was plenty of food and much cheaper. My brilliant idea came when Bo said he wanted fruit too. I always throw away a whole order of fries because I don't want to eat them and it's too much for the little ones. Today I ordered one fry and one fruit and split them between the two of them! Duh!! OK, I'm weak and slow.

Last night I stayed up late and watched the Biggest Loser that I DVRd. Oh my gosh, I cried through the whole last hour. I hate the makeover part, but the reunion part and especially with Mike and his brother. Sheesh, heart wrenching. Last night was the first time in a long time that I honestly felt within that I can do this and I AM going to finish this. I've been creeping along for way too many months now. I'm stronger than that, I just have to quit making excuses and get it done. My goal is that by next season, I will no longer we losing weight, just watching and remembering when I went through all that.

My Dream - While taking a nap today, I had a bizarre dream that could totally be analyzed into perfect sense with my life. It started with me wanting to play softball, (been wanting to badly lately) but they were hesitant because I was pregnant. (story of my life) They were handing out uniforms and I had to go to the bathroom and when I got back, they were done and weren't going to give me one. I begged and so they did. I asked Nick to get me a pair of socks. He hands them to me and I start to put them on but it's actually 2 pairs of Katy's panties. (Nick often confuses what he is asked to do and I'm potty training Katy) I put them on anyway and then put on my pants. They were huge on me, (getting skinnier) but I had the thought that Stephen might fit into them soon. (worrying about Stephen's weight) I finally tell them I'm ready and they take me aside and ask how serious I am going to take this. I told them I wanted to play, but not like professionally. So he told me they had a special glove for me and handed me an oven mitt. (Just mom duties I'm guessing here) I waited and waited for my turn to play (I think this is also in regards to Stephen and him not getting to play) and finally they push me on to the field and I yell to them that I didn't have a glove and right then a line drive came right to me, went past me and we lost the game. (Feeling unprepared and not wanting to let anyone down)

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Whoa...what a dream! I never remember that many details of mine. I love your analysis.

I enjoyed (sniff) BL last night, too. Thank goodness it was a good one.
Les.

Jake and Jenny said...

I also cried through Biggest Loser (no surprise!). I loved your analysis of your dream, I do that too sometimes and it makes no sense but perfect sense!

Lulu said...

ha ha ha- love the dream analysis. And I too cried through BL- but AI was a celebration, they saved Matt!!