Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Sunday

Our Easter Sunday is void of any bunny tales. We have 8 am church so it's nice to just have a normal day. I wanted to get family pictures, but as always, we were in a hurry and not everyone was ready at the same time so this is all I ended up with. I tried having Rhett take some of all the girls, but they were pretty unusable. That, actually, was a good thing according to Chelsey and Whitley. They both woke up late and were not looking their 'Sunday Best'. I only got Easter clothes for Brooklyn and the two little ones. Brooklyn was in desperate need of a new dress anyway and the little ones are easy. My big girls are a pain to shop for and are almost never happy with what I pick for them. The boys have tons of ties so I figured I would leave it with the three. After church, the kids played playdough and the big boys got started on a project I assigned them for an activity later that night. After lunch, we took naps then got cleaned up for dinner and an early FHE for Easter. We put together "Atonement Eggs". I'm sure most of you have heard of them. We hid 12 eggs that all had a little slip of paper and an object depicting the final days of the life of the Savior. The last egg contained nothing since the tomb was empty. Then we tried Shelli's idea. We put a little marshmallow wrapped inside a crescent roll, then cooked them. The kids stood guard of the oven just as guards were in front of the tomb. When the rolls were done, the marshmallow was gone. Not even white goo, just gone. Again, representing Jesus' resurrection. We had dinner then everyone just hung out the rest of the night.

About 8 pm , we (Glade and I) went to the Sherwood's to return a bike and take a baby gift to Janell. Her baby girl is absolutely precious. We stayed way too long, enjoying the conversation and the company. We came home to a quiet house of sleeping children. Nice. It was a really nice Easter for the Smith family. I was emailed this link http://sonofmanproject.com/ . It's a music and video presentation of the Savior's life. Absolutely beautiful. I loved the artwork. Worth a look.



My most handsome boys! What you dont' see is that Katy is back behind Rhett. She insisted on being in the picture so we put her back there. She was very aware that she couldn't be seen and was pushing to get out. We let her out and took one with her in it as well.














3 comments:

Heather said...

Cute pics! Sounds like you had a nice easy Easter, those are the best.

Jake and Jenny said...

Those are the cutest kids! I love the Easter dresses on Brooklyn and Kaitlyn.

gena said...

Love the pictures! It's hard to get picutes with early church-you did great!