Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Never Boring

On Monday, as we were all starting to settle down for FHE, the boys were out on the tramp and I heard a screaming sort of howling. It was Stephen. He is a wuss so I didn't rush out there too quickly. When I got there, he was holding his knee and crying. Nick had double bounced him and he hyper extended his knee. Every time we bumped him or he tried to put pressure on it, the howling would continue. I decided to take him to the ER despite my husband's hesitation. They were really busy and we mostly just sat in the hallway waiting for xray results. Turns out his bones are all fine, but he must have torn the ligaments. They gave him a vicodin, a knee brace and some crutches and sent us home. I, however, have a different opinion. I have a knee condition known as Osgood-Slaughter's disease. When I was about his age, it started showing itself. His knee has bothered him for a couple months now and the more I ask him about it, the more the symptoms seem just like what I went through. My sympathies are really with him if this was the case. It was so painful. There was nothing they could do when I was little, but I think there are things they can do now. We have to take him to the family doctor to have that evaluated. Sure ruins his baseball season. He was supposed to start in the game yesterday. Kid's having a tough year.

Yesterday we went to the gym, then to the pool by Chelsey's school. It was nice to only have the two little ones to look after. Bo even kind of taught himself to swim under water. Katy still isn't too fond of water in her face. All my other kids were water rats at her age. She is a big baby. It was a fun morning out and I got just a little pink to try to offset the weird tan I got in Havasu.

I was very sad to see Sione go home last night. He was about the only reason left to watch it for me. I don't really love anyone else. I really don't like Ron. Kind of a bummer. I'm sure I will still watch, but not with the same enthusiasm.

Today I went to the mall with some friends. I had to get a book for Chelsey that she needed today. Nice. The bookstore was sold out, of course. So we let the kids play and had lunch. Katy was beyond tired since she got up at 5:45 this morning. The weather was nice so it wasn't bad to sit outside. I will take every cool, windy day I can get! Supposed to rain on Saturday.

Tonight I'm going to have to drive into town to another bookstore that is holding a copy of the book for me. What a pain. Maybe I will look for a new dress for Brooklyn while there. I got Bo's Easter clothes while at the mall today. He loves wearing vests to church, my only one. I got Katy a dress last year on clearance, I should probably make sure it fits. Easter dress's are the only part of Easter I like!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Easter dresses.

Tammy said...

Poor Stephen...Ouch! I can't wait to buy Easter Dresses. I keep looking at them this year and thinking that I will have a little girl to buy for next year. It's just not the same buying for boys.

Lulu said...

You are hilarious. You called stephen a wuss and Katy a baby in the same post. Dresses the ONLY good part of Easter? Ok, I am done picking apart your post. Ü

Leslie said...

We don't even bother with Easter dresses. There's a good reason, but I can't post it online. :) Sorry about Stephen's knee. Poor kid!