Sunday, April 26, 2009

Chelsey's Prom #1 2009

I call it Prom #1 because she is going to another prom in two weeks. Because the school's proms are soooo expensive ($80 tickets), our Stake (church) decided to throw a prom of their own. They did it up really nice and tickets were only $5 and that included pictures! So I'm guessing the school prom was a little empty because there are a lot of LDS kids choosing this over that. Chelsey was asked by a boy named Vance, who she only met a short time ago. I had brought home two dresses from the Kammerers and she decided she wanted to wear them both. That works! She chose the white one for last night. She didn't get off work till 4 pm, went straight to Julia's house to get her hair and makeup done, then home by 5:24. He picked her up at 5:30. I felt bad for her that everything was so rushed. She didn't have time to primp or "last minute" anything. Pictures were a little awkward cuz she was still running at full blast and they don't know each other that well so they weren't real cozy or anything. I had made some inconvenient trips to get a boutonniere and then while I was trying to put it on him, I snapped it in half. Nice. Sorry Chelsey! They went to dinner, then to the dance and were home by 10:30. We were pleasantly surprised that she was home so early since she had had such a busy day and 8 am church in the morning. The dance ended at 10 and he hadn't planned for anything afterward. Works for me! She had a lot of fun though.



Chelsey and Vance Prom 2009




5 comments:

Heather said...

you Chelsey is one of my favorites. She looks BEAUTIFUL!

Tammy said...

She looks beautiful! He looks like a nice guy also.

Jake and Jenny said...

What a pretty girl! I am glad it all came together and was fun!

Leslie said...

Chelsey you look great!

Kathy said...

She looks beautiful!
By the way Laurie, I don't know who Bailee's date was, but he seemed nice.