Sunday, February 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Katy!


Katy turned two today. I couldn't find a single picture on my computer of when she was tiny. It was a perfect day for her Abby Cadabby party. Most of the family came over for Sunday dinner so we took that opportunity to sing to her and let her open her presents with her cousins there. Katy is truly a blessing to our family. She is happy and loving and her dimples will just melt your heart. All my kids are softer when Katy is around. I knew she was supposed to be part of my family and I'm so glad I listened. She brings joy to every day.

She sang to herself (along with us of course) and knew just what to do : Blow! She got them out in one try.

When she got them out we all clapped and cheered and she joined right in quite proud of herself.


She and Bo shared a chair and each enjoyed a cupcake. I'm pretty sure she just licked the frosting off the top, but what else would we expect?



Everyone was gathered in the living room watching the Big Game so we took that opportunity to let her open her presents, which she had been begging for all day. We have been singing to her for about three days. I guess that's probably not very nice to do to someone who has no concept of time.


What made this so fun and the pictures cannot do it justice is the sound that she made every time she would rip into a present. As soon as she could see anything, she would make this face and squeal, I mean really squeal. I love when they are still little enough to love what they get and not just want to move on to the next thing.



Grandma Green got her a pink Big Wheel bike. She loved it, same face: same squeal. One picture you can even see the drool coming out of her mouth.




For Christmas, she got some dress up shoes. Well, one has broken and when the cousins come over on Sundays, there just aren't enough for everyone so we bought her some more. This is cousin Kamry and Katy modeling their shoes. All the little girls just stood around me waiting for the package to get open so they could grab a pair. Starts young, huh?

Katelyn struggled a little with sharing at first. This is her putting some on her hands as well. Every time someone would make a move for an empty pair, she would dive for them. We are working on that.

I really miss her being a baby and yet she is so fun and there is such satisfaction to watching them grow and learn and become their own person. She is definitely on her way to that! We love you Katelyn!


On a totally unrelated, just for history, side note, the Cardinals lost the Superbowl.

7 comments:

Lulu said...

I love her cake and cupcakes! And I love that she matches them. Ü She is such a sweet little thing. So sad for the Cardinals. I don't really care actually.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Katy! We love having you in Nursery with us!

Heather said...

she is at such a fun age for presents. It is so fun when they get so excited. I wonder where she gets the shoes thing from?

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jake and Jenny said...

Happy Birthday Katy! She is so fun! I love that she is putting the shoes on her feet and hands!

Camille said...

What a sweetie! It makes me want to have another one. :)

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday, Katy! I'm glad you're here, too. You really do make your mama happy!