Sunday, February 22, 2009

MORP

Yesterday was MORP for Chelsey. Prom spelled backwards, a girl ask guy dance at school. The theme was Disney something or other. She started the day out with track, then she had to come home, do her chores, get ready for the day date and leave by noon. Her and two other couples spent the day at the park. I haven't really seen her since yesterday so I don't know a whole lot of details. Our paths kept NOT crossing..lol. She came home,had a nap then got ready for the actual dance. I guess at some point she had told me that they wanted to use our van since there would be 5 couples for the night. I wasn't opposed to this because her date, who would be driving, is the oldest of 7 and drives his family's 12 passenger all the time. The only problem was that I went to dinner before stake conference and I had the key. One of her other friends had to drive her to the restaurant to pick up the keys then go back and get the van to pick everyone up. I actually kind of liked this because it was the only time I got to see her that day. Each girl picked a Disney princess and made them and their date matching T-shirts. Chelsey's shirt said Belle on the back and her dates said Beast. They were cute. Hopefully I can get some pictures from a friend. The girls all wore little tiaras. She really did look cute. So they went to a friend's house and had dinner then went to the dance. After the dance they went back to her house and had root beer floats and watched a Disney movie. The only picture I have of the entire night is this:



My not yet legal to drive daughter decided it would be no big deal to drive the van home after dropping off her date. Which really wouldn't have been, he lives a mile away. What WAS a big deal is that she was stupid enough to think she could park it in the garage. I guess I will give her credit that when this happened, she stopped cold turkey and came in to tell her father what had happened. I didn't think we were going to be able to salvage it, but Glade got it out without a scratch. She's lucky or the van may not have been the only thing with a scratch on it!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Smart thinking on Chelseys' part! I would have bailed on the van. Dacia

Tammy said...

The date sounds like a lot of fun. I'm glad your van survived!

Unknown said...

That's so much fun!! What a fun time in her life. How nice for you that she likes such a nice boy!!

Tairi said...

What a good girl! I did the same thing when I was 16, only the car had like 10 scratches on it from backing out and re trying to park it. Of course Glade could get the van out with out a scratch! Oh, I am still laughing at Brooklyns barbies! Troy and Gabriella! hahaha

Heather said...

Tell Chels that I wiped out the side of my parents van doing that at the gas station. She is so much smarter than I was. Glad she had fun at morp.

Krista Darrach said...

Wow, glad your van is okay....and everyone for that matter.
Sounds like a fun night!

Camille said...

Oh, I so can wait for chase to get his lisence. :)