Thursday, February 19, 2009

My life is a blur

Is it Tuesday, Friday...Thursday?? When we have a day off, it totally throws me. What day is it and where did the week go, yet why isn't it Saturday yet? This week has been much less stressful, just blurry. Yesterday I was going to go to the gym as soon as my VTers left, but my kids didn't want to and that was good enough for me! By the way, I have the BEST Visiting Teachers. Such a nice hour every time they come.

Basically we just hung out all day and when my last trip of picking up kids was done, I went to the gym. Did 4.5 miles and decided that was enough for today. Went home to fix dinner and take Whitley to practice. I decided to try a new recipe. (This is pathetic) My kids looked at it, complained, said it looked gross, made all the stupid faces. I got agitated and not very nice about how they were all going to eat it. Well, I'm pretty sure they all went for thirds. This is the pathetic part, the EXACT same ingredients as my spaghetti except with penne pasta. How stupid is that. We really go out on a limb here!!

After dinner, Glade and I went to Wal Mart to shop for our healthy food. He is trying a new approach to eating and it's rather time consuming. The whole day is planned out, partitioned and measured. We will get the hang of it, but it's not how we are used to eating.

Today I spent the morning on the phone with my mom. I like those days. I was supposed to meet Shelli at Costco right at 10, but we were late. The kids like shopping together and of course Pizza! I'm pretty sure that was not supposed to be my scheduled lunch. After lunch we went to the park and then home. It's always fun to share stories with friends.

Katy started coughing as soon as I laid her down and just wouldn't go to sleep. She cried and cried, so when Bo fell asleep, I slid him over to the far side of the bed and brought Katy in. She was asleep in minutes. Not me. Now it was too crowded!

Tonight is the kids orchestra concert. It's not making me so happy because tonight is our Enrichment and I can actually go, or not. It's even one for couples and I'm stuck going to an orchestra concert instead. It doesn't help that I really don't like the orchestra leader. Now I can just be mad at her for making me miss it. Childish, I know.

The washing machine guy finally comes tomorrow. It better be right this time. I have refused to do laundry while water is still pouring out so Glade rigged it to drain into a bucket and he has been doing the laundry. What a guy.

5 comments:

Jake and Jenny said...

I totally agree with the one day off in the week. I went to the fire station today for Tanner's field trip and realized it's tomorrow when we were the only one's there! Sorry, you wont be at Enrichment tonight.

Unknown said...

We had a washing machine that was leaking all the time for a while there. They sell trays at Home Depot that fit right under the washer to catch the water in case it leaks. The tray would fill up to the top every time I would wash a load. I would have to use my carpet shampooer to suck out the water. Very annoying. And wood floors will dry out and then you might have to resand and seal them, but they are definitely not ruined forever. (My dad does flooring)

Heather said...

This week has been a blur and I think I even missed recording Survivor. Glad I saw you for a second at Costco because I missed you at Enrichment.

Tammy said...

I understand the dinner thing. Jacob is my worst with that, most every night he says he hates whatever it is I've made, even if it is something he loved just last week. I've gotten to where now when they ask me what we are having for dinner I just say, "Oh, something yucky."

Leslie said...

I'm really LOLing at your fancy new dinner recipe. My kids would be so happy if I only changed the pasta when I experiment. ;)
I think weeks with a day off seem so much longer, and definitely blurry. Didn't help that I kept them home on Tuesday too (to go to the zoo).