Monday, February 16, 2009

Friday the 13th

Today I woke up from a very much needed good night's sleep and got to start my day with my annual exam. Fun for me. I was in and out in no time and headed home to tidy up before my kids got out of school, half day. Today was Nick's birthday party in which he invited one kid and his two brothers. I begged him to wait till next Saturday, but he didn't want to. So we headed out to see "Mall Cop". More fun for me. I drove to a theater a little further away so I could see a movie more appropriate for me. What a disappointment. I saw "He's Just Not That In To You". Don't bother. Not only was there a decent amount of language and a few uncomfortable scenes of heavy making out, but it just wasn't any good. Barely funny and I left thinking "huh". Kind of depressing actually. Anyway, I would NOT recommend it.

After the movie I tried to lay down for a few minutes, but had to get Stephen to his campout and then off to my early dinner with Glade. We thought if we went really early, the wait on the Valentine's Day weekend wouldn't be so bad. We arrived at 5:15 and there was already a 45 minute wait. We walked over to WalMart to get some Advil for my headache and sore throat. I'm sure it was stress induced, but still. We got back just in time to be seated. I ate WAY too much. I seriously felt like I might puke when we left. Also stress induced I'm sure.

Glade knows a guy who has this little set up at the mall and wanted to go visit him so we did. We wanted an early night since we had the run in the morning. He owns something similar to this:

His fits two people at a time. You strap in around your waist and you are standing in ski boot like shoes. Then you hold the handles above your head. Then you spin! I get sick on the merry go round so I was out, but Glade really wanted to try it. After several minutes of coaxing and assuring me that no one has ever thrown up, I decided to give it a try. Do you remember that I just ate Olive Garden?? Well, it was a ride. You don't just spin in one direction. Because there are three rings, you spin in all sorts of directions. Sometimes sideways then maybe upside down, then backwards. I kept trying to "spot" on the ground. It was actually pretty fun. And I didn't throw up. I even felt a little better, like maybe it swished all my food around to different spots. I even went for ice cream later! Glade didn't feel so good afterwards. Big Sissy.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Hilarious that you did okay and he felt sick. Ha! Love it. Sounds like Saturday was a crazy long day, but you accomplished so much. I almost prefer busy days like that to days where things pop up and get in the way of really getting anything done.