Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thanks Shelli!

The last few days I have been in a little bit of a rut. I think I mentioned the Ice cream run. So today I woke up and convinced myself that it was a good day to not get out of my PJ's but I would stay busy around the house (uh-huh). A good friend called and suggested we meet at Costco and have lunch. Man, now I gotta get dressed. I was planning on going to Costco tomorrow anyway. So I did a little work around the house, made a few long overdue phone calls and then got myself dressed. Katy had been up since 5 am and very grouchy so I wasn't really looking forward to getting her dressed either.

We made it there by 10:30 and boy was I glad. Katy got a short nap on the way there and was much more pleasant after that. My kids were so happy to see their friends, as was I. It really was just what I needed. After pizza and smoothies (blech!) we stopped by the park. The kids came home and crashed for nice long naps, as did I! Sometimes you just need someone to tell you to get over yourself. That's not what she said...lol...but getting out did it for me and I'm so happy she thought of me...thanks Shelli!

4 comments:

Shelli said...

No, thank you. I too have spent way too many days in my pj's lately. The boys are already asking when we can do it again.

Heather said...

Darn I would have given you ladies a list. I am heading there tonight if you forgot anything.

Camille said...

Thanks for telling me to get over myself. I need to hear it every now and again. :)

Jake and Jenny said...

I love your new background! Super cute!