Saturday, February 21, 2009

Date Night, sort of

Friday is always date night. This weekend Glade had an out of town camp out to attend. He and Nick went there and Rhett went on his first 11 year old camp out. This left me without a date. That's no good! I had one option left. OK, so he's 12.....is that wrong??


Stephen and I headed out quite early since we had to take Chelsey to work. We did some shopping for scout stuff for our coming banquet and then headed to dinner. We decide on Johnny Rockets at the mall. It was fun and Stephen can hold a conversation, that's always nice. After dinner, we walked around the mall to waste time. We saw the guy with the SuperTron there again so Stephen gave that a whirl. The picture is from my phone. I took video, but can't seem to get that off my phone.

Of course I had to go check out all the kid stores. It was important, a friend of mine is having her first baby girl so I HAD to look for something cute. That was not a hard task. So Tammy, you better invite me to your shower! I just can't figure out why all the cute stuff is so expensive. The colors shouldn't make things cost more but let me tell ya.... Cute Cute Cute!!! Stephen was a trooper through all the baby shopping.

After that torture (I'm training him young), we went to Costco to finish shopping for scout stuff. We shared a yogurt then just waited for Chelsey to get off work so we could go home. It was a nice night. I should do that more often with my boys, and girls actually. Stephen hung out in my room with me and watch Everybody Loves Raymond with me when we got come. (Thankfully both episodes were completely appropriate.) Finally about 11 I shewed him out and told him to go to bed. As nice as the evening was, I missed my sweetheart.

4 comments:

Tammy said...

You're first on my list for the shower. Actually, we just decided on a date. It will be April 16th. I don't know the time or anything, but you will definitely be getting an invitation! I love looking at baby clothes too!

Lulu said...

Sounds like a really fun night. The nights kids memories are made of.

Krista Darrach said...

You're such an awesome Mom!
Great bonding time, he'll always remember it.
~K

Heather said...

you are such a fun mom.