Thursday, February 26, 2009

104.2

104.2, that's how high Bo's fever was when I got home last night. He has had a fever off and on for about 4 days now. Nothing too serious. I had taken Stephen to get stuff for baseball and when I got home Bo was sleeping on the floor. I decided to check him before I had Stephen carry him up to his bed and he was burning up. We had prayer and sent the other kids to bed then took his temp under his arm. It climbed so fast! It hit 103 and it really started freaking me out since you have to add a degree if it's under the arm. He was shaking and crying. Very hard for a mother to watch. I really just wanted to wrap him in a blanket and hold him, but I knew that wasn't good. We made a few calls and had Bro. Allen come help Glade give him a blessing. We gave him a dose of both Tylenol and Advil then I laid with him and put a cool cloth on his head, neck and belly. It took about an hour, but it finally came down to a normal fever. I stopped worrying when he went from asking for the blankets to sweating on me. Whew! He slept great through the night. I woke him up at 3 am to give him more medicine. I didn't take his temp but he was really hot again. He went right back to sleep and about an hour later, he was sweating again. Glade forfeited his side of the bed and slept on the couch so I could take care of Bo. I really appreciated that because it's much easier to reach across the bed to feel his head than walk down the hall several times a night. He hasn't woken up yet this morning, but he head is still fairly cool. I hope he feels better today. I love that kid.

3 comments:

Heather said...

oh poor baby

Jake and Jenny said...

I am so glad his fever broke and he was able to get a blessing!

Tammy said...

Poor Bo and Mom. Those scary moments are terrible. I hope he's feeling better today. That's great that Glade gave up his side of the bed for the night. Very nice!