Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Random Funnies

I haven't put much "cute stuff" from my kids recently so I thought I would just do some random quotes.

Glade would kill me if I put the entire conversation on here, but I'll give you the jist of it. Glade was in the shower and I'm terrible about closing the door to the bathroom if I've gone in and then left again. He was getting out when Bo walked in. This is torturous to Glade. Anyway, the conversation ended with Glade giving Bo a little shove out of the bathroom while closing the door. As the door closes, Bo yells "you have a lot of hair on your head too, Dad!" I'm giggling just thinking about it right now! I got a gentle reprimand about closing the door.

I was getting Bo out of the tub and he asks "why do we have Christmas all the time?" I told him it was fun to celebrate Jesus' birthday. He then asks why Jesus has birthdays and I told him for the same reason YOU do. He thought for a minute and says "Jesus has long hair....just like me! You need to take me over to Sis. Stolworthy's house!" (She cuts their hair) Just a note, his hair is NOT just like Jesus'.

I was getting Katy dressed and she just kept saying "jackess". I kept asking her to repeat it and wondering what in the heck she was saying. You can imagine what it sounded like. Finally we do the "show me" and she runs to get her JACKET. We worked on that word for the next little while.

In the car, Bo asked if I went to Sis. Allen's house for playgroup when I was little. I tried to explain that Sis. Allen wasn't even born yet when I was little. That she was still up in Heaven just like he was. (She's younger than I) I said "Did you know you live in Heaven before you were born?" His eyes got big and he burst out singing "I lived in Heaven a long time ago it is true..." It clicked!

Dalin is funny as always and I wish I documented more of the very serious and strange things he says but I don't. This morning he told me very loudly "I was out conscious by 8:10!" He rarely forgets little sayings he has heard. This one he mixed up just a little.

It truly is a wonder to watch their little minds work and grow and figure things out.

2 comments:

Camille said...

I love hearing the fun things kids say. I've now been inspired to do my own post on some of the funnies my kids have said lately.

Jake and Jenny said...

So cute and funny! I love how their little minds are whirling and how they are learning how it all comes together.