Wednesday, February 25, 2009

One last Hurdle

Yesterday went fairly smoothly, although very busy. My big girls had a half day which was fabulous! Whitley helped me set up for the Blue and Gold banquet and helped get the babies ready while I was gone. I owe her a shopping trip today. Poor us! The banquet went OK. Chaotic and we forgot some of the most important things, but whatever. I just wish that parents would take more responsibility for their kids. I didn't have anyone there to help with mine so they were a little up and down, but plenty of parents just sat around while their kids went crazy. It's just hard to have any sort of structure to the event if there is that much chaos. Next time we probably won't plan so much, but we definitely need to work on both our parents and leaders helping to keep things orderly. Other than that it was fine. We had just about the right amount of food and lots of help cleaning up. By the time I got home, my back was killing me and I just wanted to go to bed. I left the entire mess for this morning. I really thought I would dread waking up to it and getting it done, but it was actually quite therapeutic. My kitchen is very clean!

Tomorrow is my last major hurdle for a while. I have Bunko at my house. Part of me wanted to cancel or pawn it off to someone else but then I thought how silly that was. These girls have been my friends for a good many years. I'm not going to stress myself out trying to make everything perfect. They understand and care enough about each other that no one would want me to stress myself over Bunko. If my Bunko girls are reading, I truly believe this. So on with Bunko!!

Katy needs a tie-down for her bed. That stinkin girl will come in my bed 2 -3 times a night. Last night I didn't have the energy to fight with her so I just moved over. Not too long later when she whacked with with her arm, I thought to myself "here I am - pillowless and squished way over while Queen B is stretched out across my pillow and whacking me in the face" What is wrong with this picture??? Out she went. That lasted about and hour and a half. She came back. I seriously need some uninterrupted sleep.

Next week is my birthday and it's going to come and go without me getting to be excited about it. I know, I'm old and I shouldn't care, but I do. I like birthdays! With so much else going on, I haven't had a chance to think about it and remind everyone that it's coming! The great thing is that I've been calling myself 38 for so long now that it doesn't even seem like I'm older. I'm sure just having all these activities out of the way and some time out with my sweetheart will be exactly what I need. Off to the mall with no babies!! Wooohooo!

4 comments:

Jake and Jenny said...

Have a fun time at the mall! I can't remember the last time I was there. Do some fun shopping!

Heather said...

WooHoo is right. Go have fun shopping.

Leslie said...

I'd offer to take you to lunch for your birthday but the last time that happened it was way too exciting. :)

Unknown said...

Congrats on your Blue and Gold!!