Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day

I got up and around really early to be at the nail place right when it opened, but it wasn't open! Since when did salons take labor day off? I was not very happy. I took Whitley into town to do a little activity with some of her friends. They went to Saver's and tried to see who could put together the cutest, cheapest outfit. Whitley got a shirt, pants, shoes and a necklace all for $5.50. They lucked out because everything was half off that day. After dropping the girls off, I went and had lunch with my mom. That was nice. We got to just sit and chat with no babies. Headed home just in time for a nap! The kids were really good all day. When Glade got home, we headed to Jana's house for a BBQ and swim party. It went really well. It was our game's night group and all their kids. For so many kids, they all played so good together. We got to sit around and talk and the kids swam and the big girls all hung out up in the bedroom. A very nice evening. I'm always grateful when someone is brave enough to have our whole family over and feed us and have it go well!

Mouse update

I don't think we will be seeing many more mice. Glade put some poison packs down and when we woke up yesterday, they had eaten some of that plus some of another poison he had put out. I actually heard it eating it in the middle of the night, yuck. The only bad part is that now it has gone off to die somewhere and there it will stay. That's not a very pleasant thought. Not seeing it in my bathroom, however, is a very pleasant thought!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Ok my MIL had a mouse die in her wall and it smelled for a few days. I guess the heat will make it decay faster so the smell goes away faster. Be glad it is not winter, the smell would stay for a while.

BTW your vinyl is done I was going to bring it over yesterday but Wyatt said you went to a BBQ.