Tuesday, September 9, 2008

the Proof is in the Pudding


After a sluggish day, I almost talked myself out of going to the gym. You know, "I'm too tired...I've had a long day....I'm cranky...". I decided to just get my butt up and get it done. I ran the furthest and longest to date. Just over two and a quarter miles without stopping, 25 minutes straight. I would never guessed I had it in me today. I ended up walking a lap and a half and running all the rest of the 5K. I actually thought I might puke. I know I have said it before, but this is the closest I have ever come. I was thinking about if I were ever on the Biggest Loser. You know when Jillian is yelling at them and telling them they better not stop. I think I might be a total wuss. I would be the whiny white shirt guy from last season who kept making everyone do extra cuz he wouldn't keep going. I think I would have to insist on Bob as a trainer, he's nicer. Anyway, since I worked out, I have been in such a good mood. Singing, energy, looking for stuff to do. I have a friend who was advised to exercise to fight post partum. I believe it would totally work.


Notes on the side: My friend I posted about is fine and she is having a boy! I haven't seen a mouse in a week. (knocking on wood)

4 comments:

Heather said...

Way to go. I know I could not run that far without stopping. I would pass out and die. Keep up the good work you always inspire me.

Leslie said...

You are awesome! So inspiring. Between you and Kristine I might just start running.
Les.

Lulu said...

I don't think I can run that long without stopping. I have been back at the gym, join me for a step class? Or perhaps yoga??

Kristine said...

Way to go!!! Come run the Turkey Trot with me in November!