Friday, September 19, 2008

Why is waiting so hard?

Waiting. It's such an irritable word. No one likes waiting. Today, I had been waiting in the school pick up line for about 12 minutes. The line was moving slowly and I was in no hurry to stay bumper to bumper with the car in front of me. There was a space not quite big enough for a car, but a space nonetheless. A car from about 8 cars back comes around and squeezes into this space. Seriously?? Now, this really doesn't affect me picking up my kids, but the 7 year old in me came out. There's no cuts! I was amazed that a mother would do that. Then it dawned on me. I bet it's not a mother. I was right. I'm totally not man bashing, but they are much less patient about waiting than are women. Think about it. We as moms spend a good amount of our day waiting. Waiting to do hair, waiting for the last kid to get in the car, waiting while one runs back in the house, waiting in pick up lines, waiting for kids to wake up, waiting for them to finish practice, waiting for hubby to come home, waiting for the last kid to get to bed, etc. It's kind of what we do and for the most part, we do it knowing it's just what we do. I'll try to give this dad the benefit of the doubt, maybe he was on lunch break or something, but what makes his time more valuable than all the other people patiently waiting their turn?? Now I must grow back up to a rational adult and let this go, shaking my head. I'm going to go wait for my baby to finish eating so I can take a nap!

2 comments:

Lulu said...

ha ha- I so would have at the very least honked at him.

Heather said...

I would have honked too. I get really irritated with cutters. I am trying to get better and handle things like you and just let it pass. I am a believer in Karma. It will come back to him.