Sunday, September 21, 2008

The rest of the story

DANCING DATE NIGHT

Well, some might consider it a complete flop, but we had a great time! Only 4 couples showed up, plus my mom and her friend and Chelsey and Dillon. 6 in all. We first just messed around dancing waiting for anyone to show up, then my mom got there and we started doing salsa. Actually we did the Texas Two Step first. Salsa was a little tricky and we didn't do so well at it. It was a little frustrating not catching on right away, but still fun just to be all together. I'm sure Glade wasn't thinking that. He was trying really hard and in my frustration I just got a little too silly and I couldn't quit laughing. We sucked. The only way to make that fun was to make fun of us. I really was making fun of US. After awhile we gave up on that and did some line dancing. That is definitely more up my ally. We were only there a few hours but we were sweaty and tired. We closed up shop and went for Bahama Bucks. Nice ending for a fun evening. You all missed out! I will say that at first I was a little sad that no one came, but then I became more sad at our ...community?...generation??... I don't know what to call it. Anyway, why is everyone so uncomfortable stepping out of the old person routine of doing nothing? I'm sure we all danced as teenagers. My final conclusion....people are boring. I will never be one of them. I will continue to have fun and do "out of the box" date nights. I may not be as good as I once was, but I can still have just as much fun!

FAMILY CIRCLE

Driving to church Bo asked if on his birthday he would be 2. I said "no, 4." He got really excited and said "I get 4 birthdays?!?" I tried to explain that you get as many as you are alive. All the kids started telling how many birthdays they have all had. He asked me if I had 14 birthdays. I told him I have had 37 and he says "DANG!" Does that make me old?

After our fun date night, we came home and all the kids were asleep upstairs in the loft. Glade went up to get Katy so she could sleep in her crib. This is what he found.

3 comments:

Heather said...

I am sorry I missed the dance. It is really right up my ally, not Thaynes, I just didn't feel like making him go on our anniversary. I think you are awesom for giving it a go. I will say that we have something up our sleeve that we will fill you all in at a later date.

I love the picture of your kids, don't you just love it when they sleep in a pile.

Leslie said...

I am so sad we missed it! The ballgame was okay, but nothing like laughing at ourselves for being stinky dancers. That's definitely right up my alley. I don't mind making a fool of myself most of the time! Please still invite us. We're not boring, just overcommitted to other things!
Les.

Lulu said...

I had a grand time! Even Jason who is NOT a dancing fan said he really enjoyed salsa! I started a blog about it but haven't finished...