Monday, September 15, 2008

More Tidbits

Just some random things I wanted to blog about. Saturday we had our activity day and we taught about games and songs in the car, this is the car that I made just for fun.










I mentioned I got my hair cut on Friday. Sunday I curled it and thought I was having a pretty cute hair day. By the time I was walking out the door to church, I looked in the mirror and thought "what the heck happened to my hair?" It was just kind of flat and frizzy. Not much I could do cuz I had to leave. I walked into my primary class a few minutes late and the first thing they said to me was "Why is your hair such a mess?" That's not paranoia anymore, that makes it fact. My hair did not look good!



Nick and Stephen had their first soccer game today. They won by one goal. I was a little disappointed they let Nick play. His grades are NOT good and they gave him a slip that said he wasn't eligible. I guess that was a warning. I'm not seeing much incentive for him to try harder if he gets to fail and still play. I meant to take pictures, but again, forgot my camera. They have another game on Wednesday so I will try again.



At this very minute Glade is out haggling with this guy trying to sell us solar equipment. Glade's trying to point out every inconsistency there has been from the very first phone call. That makes me very uncomfortable, so I'm in here blogging instead. I think he will end up doing it, but he like to make a fuss first. The very worst part, they will make us put a sign in our yard for 30 days that says, in essence "we have gone green". Anyone who knows me knows this would totally kill my pride and make my stomach turn every time I look at it. Maybe everyone will be distracted by the "Jesus for President" sign in my neighbors yard instead.


I have decided to store a little gas. I have never known how I could do this so I decided to just stay small and simple. I bought 5 five gallon containers and figured I would just store enough to fill my tank if ever the need to head out came. That's not too space demanding or financially hard. I'm sure people thought I was one of those freaky people afraid of the hurricane ramifications, but I'm not. The timing was just there. Now I have gas.



Well, it's my bedtime and I still have to put the sheets back on my bed, Bo peed in it during nap time. That makes Glade really mad!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Your going GREEN!?!?!?
Someone has to be the pioneer in our nieghborhood. I am so looking forward to making fun of you for the go green sign in front of your house. I am getting excited just sitting here thinking about it. I am going to have to make up some kind of cheer for you guys.

Leslie said...

Sorry you have gas. I hear Gas-X helps. ;) hahaha. Good for you storing fuel. I've thought about it but I'm too afraid of it blowing up!

And yes, I can only imagine the emotional distress of you haivng a "I'm Going Green" sign in your yard. I LOVE IT! Send me the info if you do it. I'm a closet greenie. ;)
Les.

Lulu said...

ha ha- Jesus for president. Let me know how this solar thing turns out. And your hair- my goodness your hair. Let me know if it doesn't get better.

Camille said...

I had a comment for every "item" you discussed and now that I'm here--I'm not sure what to say. LOL But my fav was the hair fiasco--I totally laughed out loud. No wait, I think my fav was the sign in your neighbor's yard. I am really laughing out loud now!