Saturday, September 6, 2008

Homecoming

About 7 am, Chelsey came in and woke us up to take her to the church. She had an early morning activity and need to be there at 7. She said "come look at the front yard". My first thought was "did you get TP'd?" When she said no, I knew immediately! Whitley had told me about a week ago that it was homecoming that week. I thought that sounded early, but she was pretty sure. I was feeling really sad because I knew Chelsey hadn't been asked. I asked Chelsey how she was feeling about all of it and she informed me that homecoming wasn't until the end of September. So we (I) have been waiting for something fun like this.

It starts out with a paper with "Chelsey" on it. Then there are a bunch of apple on sticks. Each apple has the name of a famous girl on it: Belle, Hannah Montana, etc. Then the signs say "of all the girls on the tree, I couldn't resist picking you". There was also a green apple with her name on it. Then there were arrows that took her around back where his name was spelled out. Very cute and she was very excited! Now we get to shop for a dress - wooohooo!


This is the beginning



Apples lead up to these signs



Going around back








4 comments:

Leslie said...

That is SO COOL! Yippee for you, Chelsey (and you, mom!)
Les.

Lulu said...

woo hoo!! I love that AZ boys have imaginations! We used to do things like this for each other when we were younger. Has she decided a creative way to respond??

Heather said...

I am so glad you took pictures. That is way to cute of an idea to not document. Sounds like a fun boy to go with,and I am so glad she is going.

Camille said...

I LOVE this! I so wish I had girls. The funnest part is buying the dress, doing the hair, etc. (sigh)