Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I Rock...

OK, so maybe this is a little self..whatever...but....Tonight I had to take my kids to play practice. We were already late because Whitley had an ortho appointment and the boys had a soccer game, which they won. It's just a little too far away to go and come back then go again so I decided to just stay. Sometimes they practice on the stage so I can sit and watch from the audience. When they aren't on the stage, there is really nowhere for me to go. Last week, I went prepared to go walk around the track, but there was a football game so I went shopping instead. My budget can't really afford for me to go shopping every week like that! Today I had nowhere to go and there was NO football game, but they were practicing. It felt kinda weird to go just walk around the track during their practice so I went to the ball field behind them. It was totally fun.

Imagine the bleachers right behind home plate. I would start at the end of one of the dugouts, walk to the bleachers, run up and down them, then do 20 crunches. Then I would walk to the other dugout and do push up against the wall. I would head back the other way running the bleachers again, then doing calf raises. I would walk back to the beginning and start over. I did this for about 25 minutes. I thought after this mornings workout, I wouldn't be moving for awhile. I just hated sitting around doing nothing. The funniest part is that I was not dressed appropriately for this kind of activity. You know, cute shirt, jeans and FLIP FLOPS! I just kept thinking "if I had good shoes on right now...." It really was fun to do something out of the ordinary. Hopefully I burned off the Taco Bell I had just eaten!

FAMILY CIRCLE

Apparently, deodorant doesn't taste good at all. I deducted this from Katy's face after she bit into it. It's also hard to get out of baby teeth.

3 comments:

Heather said...

If you are ever working the bleachers on a Mon or Wed between 6-8 let me know I will meet you.

Deoderant thing totally gross.

Leslie said...

Smart!
Les.

Lulu said...

I am impressed you sucked it up and went for it! I always feel too weird to do those kinds of think, but when i see someone doing something like I am impressed! And deodorant IS very gross, haven't you accidentally gotten it on your hands and somehow it made it into your mouth?? ew.