Saturday, September 6, 2008

Nails, Bread and Lots of Talent

I'm finding that the weekends fly by when you keep yourself busy. We had a very early start this morning with the whole homecoming excitement. I left here around 7:30 to take my car to get a new tire, had a flat. I took the three boys with me. After dropping off the car, I made them run to the church with me. It was probably less than a mile, but hot and very uneven for running. It took us about 10 minutes to get there. Not a whole lot of exercise, but every little bit counts. We had cleaning assignment this week. Glade was already there so we just pitched in with what was left. Got my car back, went home and showered and headed for my nail place. It has been 5 weeks and they still look great, amazing! When I got there I told them who I wanted to do my nails, but I couldn't pronounce her name. I spelled it for them, trangy. They said "oh, (something I couldn't not repeat)". I tried again to say it with no luck. He turned the paper over and said "in English, its" then he wrote Jenny. That's much easier for me. Anyway, now I know. She is the absolute best, even better than my Vincente.

I had to pick Whitley up from Jungle Book practice then came home for a little snooze. That didn't last very long, I was itching to try making bread again. I made 5 loaves today. It turned out really good again. For dinner I made chicken and rice with warm, fresh bread. I told everyone there was seconds if they wanted it, meaning chicken and rice. They all rushed over and said "hey, where's more bread?" Yeah, they like it!

We rushed through dinner got everyone cleaned up and headed for the ward talent show. It was mostly fun, a little long, but entertaining. The primary presidency did a fun number to Dancing Queen. They looked fantastic! I say that because I donated all the costumes. We found these totally funky 70's costumes in those garbage bags from that house, how crazy is that? They looked really cute. Great job girls! Chelsey was the only one who performed from our family. She did a dance with some friends. They were being silly over in the corner dancing while one of their friends played the piano. It was actually a little embarrassing. What made it worse was when Glade leaned over and whispered "she is so you!" To all those I may have embarrassed during my teen years, I am SOOO sorry! Actually Nick did a little round off back handspring, sort of. He was funny. All in all a really enjoyable night, way too many treats.

Did I mention I am married again? I finally got my ring resized so I could wear it again. Went down a size and a half. I told Glade if I have to get it resized again, I think he should just buy me a new one! He just rolled his eyes...

3 comments:

Heather said...

First of all it was way to hot today for you to be running anywhere, so I am glad you survived.
Second, Glade did to much church cleaning today since that is what he was doing until 9 tonight. He rocks.
Third, the talent show was a little long but entertaining, but it was so nice for our ward to finally have one. Your family needs to do more next time.
Forth- I need your bread recipe.

gena said...

With your big family I thought you guys would have had more 'acts':) What a fun busy day!

Camille said...

First, I need your bread recipe. Second, I agree--you need a new ring. :)