Friday, September 19, 2008

Just me Journaling

GAMES NIGHT

Last night was our couples games night. We went to Moki's for a luau and all you can eat Hawaiian buffet. It was relatively good. The kids that danced were fun to watch. Then we went back to Jana's and played games and had brownies and ice cream. It was fun. My allergies were really bothering me so I was a little cranky, but I enjoyed it anyway. We got home too late for me, I had to get up early today to pick up my produce basket. I haven't ordered one in a really long time.

PRODUCE BASKET

When I got there to pick up my basket, she made us wait while she ripped everyone for not volunteering. I totally understand why she was upset, but it still irritated me a little since I've only gotten about 6 baskets ever and haven't had one in like 9 months. Whatever. The basket was really good this time. Not a lot of weird stuff, just one eggplant. I may do it again next cycle.

RUNNING

After picking up my produce, I decided to go running in that neighborhood. I was thinking that if I was going to try the Turkey Trot, I should get used to running outside versus a treadmill. It was sooooo much better than the last time I went running, but I still don't really like it. Even at 8 am, it's still too hot. I just need to get mentally tougher to make myself keep going. Without all the gadgets of the treadmill, I don't have anything to go by, ie: how far, how long, how fast, etc.
I think I went just at 3 miles, but it felt a lot worse than when I do that on the treadmill. I fixed the problem with my MP3 falling through my pants though. I put it in a baggie then pinned the baggie to the inside of my shorts. Having the baggie against my skin was a little uncomfortable, but not like having it fall out the bottom!

DANCING

I have organized a date night tonight and invited everyone I know to come dancing at the church. I have no idea how many people will show up, but I guess even if there are just a handful, it will still be fun. My mom is coming to teach a little salsa and Chelsey and some of her friends will teach a few different line dances. I hope it goes well. Will have to report later.

GOALS FOR THE DAY

Make the upstairs look like a home, not hurricane wreckage. Find just ONE pair of jeans that are cute and fit well. I looked last night with no luck. 10 more lbs and I will be able to wear my NY jeans. Get a nap!

2 comments:

Lulu said...

I really had a fun time dancing last night! Even Jason said it was fun. He surprised me when he said he enjoyed the salsa way more than the line dancing. I would do it again!

gena said...

Didn't really enjoy getting ripped on when I picked up my basket. Maybe I'll put in a better effort to volunteer. Thanks for holding Teya on Sunday. She has turned into quite the mama's girl and it's driving me a little crazy:)