Thursday, September 4, 2008

Didn't quite make it

Yesterday was pretty uneventful, which is a very pleasant surprise. Kids all got their progress reports. Some could do much better. Our school uses a different grading scale so I have to try to keep in mind that it's the number that counts, not the letter. For example, an 85% is a C. Keeping that in mind, they didn't do as bad as it first appeared, but definitely room for improvement. Got to take dinner to a lady in our ward, the other girl ended up doing all the food and I just delivered. I guess teamwork counts for something. Still even made it to the temple in time. The last couple of times we have gone, they have asked us to do sealings. It feels like you aren't doing much, but thinking back, you actually help more people. It is nice to participate in all the different ordinances. After the temple, we went for ice cream with the Rapiers. That's always the cherry on top, pun intended.

Today I was looking forward to a good trip to the gym, playgroup, then the mall. I bought some jeans online and they were too big so I need to go exchange them. Best laid plans....My phone rang quite early this morning. It was the gal hosting playgroup today. She is about 4 months pregnant and she started bleeding this morning. So instead of playgroup, her daughter is here with us. Still don't know what the outcome will be.

Today was my push it day at the gym. I went with the intent of running the whole 5K. Didn't happen. I didn't eat right before I went and for some reason, there are just days my body doesn't want to do it! Today was one. I ran all but 2 laps which isn't bad, just not my goal. Nicely, I actually got a hot shower today, however my other water heater was leaking all over last night so I have no hot water on the other side of the house. (dishes, laundry, etc.) Will it ever end?

No mice in two days.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I hope your friend is Okay.

Yeah on the jeans that are too big!!

Heather said...

didn't you know moms schedules are not supposed to be they way they plan them. That would be fair and we don't usually get that lucky.

Camille said...

I too am worried about your friend. Now I'm checking your blog for updates about her AND the mouse. I love your blog!