Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Oww, what was I thinking??

I decided today that I would try and do a 10K on the treadmill. After watching the Biggest Loser, Jillian's words kept ringing in my head. "unless you pass out, puke or die...keep walking!" I almost passed out, not really, but definitely felt light headed and my right toes were asleep and my left hip is killing me. The real reason I did this is because Glade wants me to run the Turkey Trot with him on Thanksgiving morning. In case you don't know, 10k is 6.2 miles. Today I did it in one hour and 17 minutes. I'm certainly not bragging, just benchmarking. I'm pretty positive that tomorrow I won't even be able to do .1 miles. Besides, how am I supposed to run 6 miles and bake a turkey at the same time???

Yesterday I got my bread bags and bread slicer in the mail. We ran out of bread yesterday morning. At dinner last night, Dalin asked if he could have some bread with his dinner. I told him we were out and he said "awww man! You could start on some right now.." So glad they like it. Today, 6 more loaves. I guess it will be a day of 6's for me.

FAMILY CIRCLE

Too classic. Rhett's teacher emailed me to let me know of the problems she had had with him that day. He's definitely doing way better, but has his days. Yesterday, she acknowledged that boys will be boys, but Rhett couldn't be allowed to keep a frog in his desk. It was hard to keep a straight face while chastising him for that one. They were told to leave the frogs alone.

5 comments:

Lulu said...

that is SO awesome! I SOOOO cannot run 6 miles! I felt like I had a pretty good workout strolling out of step class and then when I ran into you, I felt like running back in there to sweat a little more!!!

Heather said...

You blow me away everytime I hear how far you run.

I went to bed last night with the thought of getting up to make bread, then remember I had a dr appt at 9am. I might try to get some done now.

One more thing......

I LOVE RHETT!!!! And why can't a boy have a frog in his desk?

Valeen said...

Okay, the Frog in the Desk made me laugh out loud! At least he had the sense to put it in his desk. Matthew would have tried to stuff the little guy in his pocket (to keep it safe, in his words!)

Leslie said...

I just read about Rhett on Barz's blog. Too funny!

WOO HOO on the 10K. You are amazing. Did you cry at Biggest Loser yesterday? I did!
LEs.

Camille said...

Frogs in the desk--priceless!