Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Plain Ol' boring ordinary WONDERFUL day

I have no good stories, no real complaints, just a totally smooth ordinary day. I like it!! I try to make one day of the week just a stay at home day. I feel like my kids are run around too much and don't get that just hanging out down time often enough. Bo kept asking where we were going. Instead, we stayed home, made bread, did some cleaning, boring stuff like that. The kids watched their morning shows, colored and ran around, boring stuff like that. We all loved it! The afternoons are a little more hectic, running kids here and there, but today wasn't bad at all. I also got to go pick up my peaches! Let's see, I think there are 114 lbs of them. I got a lotta cannin' ta do! They are absolutely delicious. I get my pears on Friday. I even got to actually make dinner tonight, which I haven't done in a couple of weeks thanks to soccer. Homemade Pizza, again, we all loved it! So now the day's over, I'm not stressed or frustrated or exhausted, just ready for a good night's sleep. I like it!!

Speaking of sleep. I haven't had a lot lately so I clicked on a link about "natural sleep aids". Some of them apply and some really don't. Last night I tried turning the A/C down to 74 which they said was optimum sleep temperature. I froze. I had to get up and get another blanket. I think that's not good for trying to stay asleep. I also am going to try a lavender sachet under my pillow or something. Anyone else have any good ideas, I'm out of Percocet.

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Get more Percoset. ;)
I'd love to help you can your peaches. I can even bring my pot so we can have two of 'em going. When are you doing it?
Les.

Unknown said...

I use melatonin and it works very well for me. I discovered it while on the road and it helped me sleep in hotels.

Heather said...

I swear that I have this one soft squishy lap blanket I bought from Walgreen one year to hide presents in the back of my car. It is the magic sleep blanket. I cuddle with it and the next thing I know I am out. It will keep you soooo warm. I take it on all my camp outs and I am never cold. Everytime I wrap it around me I feel like I was just drugged with Nyquil. I love this blanket. I think it was like $8. maybe it will help I don't know.

Jake and Jenny said...

Hey Laurie, I was bloghopping and came across your blog. I am really new to it all. I am going to add you to my list. If you want to do the same mine is littlejenvj.blogspot.com. Your family picture is so cute! Jenny