Monday, September 22, 2008

I'm such a baby

Why am I such a stinkin baby?? My "git r done" husband just sucks it up no matter what the problem and gets stuff done. I am quite the opposite. I haven't had a good nights sleep in about two weeks for starters. Today my allergies were out of control. I really didn't want to take Benadryl since I was already so tired. I got dressed to go to the gym this morning but talked myself out of it. I piddled around until it was time for Katy to go down for her morning nap then I went down as well. I just couldn't keep my eyes open. After about an hour, I decided I just needed to get up and do something. I figured I could just go to Costco today instead of tomorrow. We went and while I was there I just sneezed one after another. Both of my eyes were weepy and itchy. At one point, a tear actually rolled down my cheek and I wasn't even crying! On the way home from Costco, Bo dropped a half full cup of soda on the floor. That did it for me. Now I really was crying. I totally yelled at him as he said "I was just trying to give Katy a drink." I suck. I made it home got things put away and headed for the Benadryl. We all laid down and of course my mind was racing and I couldn't go to sleep. I got up and amazingly, I felt pretty good. Kids got home, we did homework, went to a soccer game (we won), ate dinner, had Family Home Evening, baked cookies and now I'm headed for bed. Once I took the Benadryl and just kept myself busy, I was fine. It's just hard to convince myself to do that. Laying around feeling sorry for myself is much easier!

WHY

On the way home from soccer, we saw a lady on the side of the road with her hood up. I rarely stop because I'm kind of a mechanical idiot, not much help. As I drove by and noticed she had two little ones, I thought "I really should see if there's anything I can do." I was already past her and it was NOT a good place to turn around. I drove a little bit and thought "just go back". I kept talking myself out of it saying it was too late, I'm sure she would be fine, I've gone too far. I said a quick prayer that she would get the help she needed. That made me feel sick. Fine. I turned around, fought the crowded traffic and pissed the people off behind me. I finally made it back to her. I asked if she needed anything and of course she said "no". Her husband was on the way, her car overheated and they were fine. I offered to let her sit in our cool car and wait but again, "no thanks". I was able to give her half a bottle of warm water, woohoo. As we were leaving, I remembered I had two boxes of toys in my trunk headed for DI. I took two out and offered them to her kids. They really weren't anything that exciting. So we drove off, slightly frustrated. WHY?? Why did I feel the need to go back so strongly. I know we should just follow the Spirit, but sometimes I really wonder, "what good was that?" At least my conscience is clear. Someday in the eternities maybe He will explain it to me and show me WHY.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

First of all, you don't suck. Allergies make you stupid. It wasn't your fault. :)
I'm with ya on the WHY. It happens all the time. I think we'll get all those answers after we die, but by then it probably won't matter, so what's the point?! (I'm so helpful, no?)
Les.

Anonymous said...

Leslie is right, you don't "suck"! You are an awesome mom, wife and friend.
Have you tried Zyrtec for your allergies?
As for you going back to check on the women, maybe you prevented her from being harmed in some way. Out of control car, wacko, whatever! Dacia