Saturday, September 13, 2008

Glad to be Home

Today started bright and early. I had to get up and finish my car for our Stake Activity Days day. We had to be at the church at 8 am. I made Chelsey go with me to teach fun songs to sing in the car. That was kind of our topic, activities when you are on a long trip. We were there until almost 1 pm. It went really well, but it's hard teaching the exact same thing six times in a row. I went home to try and take a little nap with no luck. My mind was going with all the things I should be doing. We were supposed to go to a family birthday party at 3. At the last minute, Chelsey asked me if she could go dress shopping with her friend. I think it's interesting that at first, she really just wanted to go with her friends. As it came down to it, all her friends were going with their mothers. She asked if I wanted to go with them.n That left Glade taking the kids to the party by himself. I'm sure he didn't love that, but did it without complaint. We met her friends at Dillards, two of them had just finished shopping but came back in with us anyway. They all got dresses from the 75% off rack. I was very proud of them for being so practical and supportive of each other. Chelsey ended up with a cute brown dress with silver sparklys. I'm sure there will be pictures later. We found jewelry and shoes as well. We shopped all over for affordable silver shoes. Not a whole lot of luck. We ended up at a whole different mall right back at Dillards and found a pair. They were in the wrong box that said $12.50 instead of $24.50. We decided to take them to the register and see what they said. The lady immediately noticed they were in the wrong box and said they were more expensive than that. I was about to tell her we didn't want them when she said she didn't feel like dealing with it right now and slapped a sticker on them and sold them to us for the $12.50. Score! We ended up with a dress, shoes, necklace, earings and hair clips all for $65, not too shabby!

We finally left the mall at like 7:30, yeesh. We happened to be right by the custard place that Austin works at, you know, the boy I imprinted for Chelsey. I talked her into going in. I played all cool telling her he would never remember me, but he totally did. Once we were back outside and I told her he remembered me, she was mortified and said all sorts of mean and threatening things to me. (She so loves me!) She had to agree though, he was very cute. We went to my mom's house and showed her all the goods. Chelsey is super excited and can't wait to put it all together. Oh Yeah, she also cut her hair off. She LOVES it. She thinks you are the bomb, Julia. She credits you completely for always knowing exactly what she wants.

So it was a very long, but productive day. I hardly saw my family at all. When I got home, Bo and Katy came running out of my room and attacked my legs. Katelyn was giggling this silly laugh that just made my heart happy. I missed them. I honestly haven't really seen the rest of the kids at all. Glade did a great job of taking care of stuff today, thanks honey!

3 comments:

Camille said...

I am dying to see pictures!! Isn't it great to get good deals?! I call those triumphant shopping experiences. I got silver shoes for my cruise at JC Penney outlet for $10. Score!! I want to see pics of the cute hair too. Man, do I need a daughter. . .

Leslie said...

YAY! So frugal and should I put Dillards into my brain for future modest dance dresses? I need a haircut. Maybe I should call Julia. Maybe she'll know what I want. I don't!
Les.

Lulu said...

Hilarious that you took her into the custard place and showed her off to her werewolf. She she is so cute she would look good in anything- but thanks for the compliment!!