Monday, September 29, 2008

Is it only Monday?

Here I sit all sniffly and sneezy, sweaty and wheezy. Dang, friggin allergies! I have both Claritan and Benadryl in me and still not much relief. I may just have to whack my head off. Is that being too dramatic?

Yesterday was a pretty good day. We had our usual big breakfast and everyone got around without a hitch. Today was our Primary Program for church. I only have 3 in primary right now which is kinda weird. I had to sit up on the stand with my class so Glade got to deal with the babies. It wasn't so bad till Katy spotted me up there. Chelsey had to take her out crying 3 times. Her Laurel advisor even commented to her that she had never seen us take Katy out before. She loves me. The kids all did really well. Dalin was not about to let anyone help or prompt him. He was pretty funny as aways. Our primary class was really good for the lesson which is always a bonus. I got to go to relief society today, my turn. I love to go be with the other women. The lesson was short by about half and hour so we got to bear testimonies. This is when I realized I was a horrible visiting teacher. One of my sisters told about all she had been going through lately and I didn't know any of it. I really need to do better. I also spent the whole hour holding some one's little baby girl. Man I struggle with no more babies. She was so precious and smelled so good.

After church, we came home, had a snack and I laid down with Bo for a short nap. Sunday dinner had fallen through so there was no big rush to get up and get things around. Our home teacher had wanted to come this week but we thought we would have a house full so we declined. Since we weren't, we invited him and his family for dinner. It turned out to be a really nice evening. Our kids play well together and they all sat nicely for the lesson. Whitley had made a divine peach cobbler which was the perfect way to end the night.

During the night, Katy woke up with a fever and what I'm guessing was a hand that had fallen asleep. So she got to come lay with me for awhile. Didn't matter too much, I had been awake sneezing most of the time anyway. She finally went back to sleep. By morning, I was exhausted and just didn't want to get out of bed. Glade was nice and let me sleep in. He locked the door so the babies wouldn't come in. The only real problem is that my kids who needed to get to school are completely irresponsible. I woke up at 8 to a perfectly quiet house. I wondered if Glade had come back and taken them. I went out to find all their backpacks still here. They were outside playing. My kitchen was a wreck with breakfast and lunch stuff all over. We are supposed to leave at 7:45. Once we got all their stuff together, they ended up being 25 min. late for school. I got to come home and clean up all the mess. Great start to the day! I'm over it now and am waiting for my visiting teachers to come. That should be nice, I haven't had any come since we moved here.

2 comments:

Heather said...

that wind is a killer for allergies. Thayne loves heading out to California just because he doesn't have allergies there. Let me know if I can help if you don't feel well or just exhausted from lack of sleep.

Lulu said...

Oh the allergies- I am so sorry! Every allergy season Jason swears it's time to move.

Dinner and the peach cobbler was divine! I love peaches. Thanks for having us over. You guys are always such good friends to us.