Saturday, September 27, 2008

Homecoming report

Well, it was not nearly as exciting as I had hoped. The pick up arrangements were back and forth, unsure of what exactly was going on. As soon as she got home from school, she showered and we headed to Julia's house for the hair do. Chelsey, of course, loved it! She really thinks you are the goddess of hairstyles, Julia. Her friend Amy came over and they finished getting ready. Their dates were supposed to arrive around 5:30, Amy's did. We took pictures of the two of them and sent them on their way. Then we waited...and waited...and waited....until about 6:20 when he finally came. Now, in his defense, he wasn't the driver (who happened to be the oldest son of a certain Bishop) and he kept in touch with her to let her know what was going on. By this time, she was soooo antsy. A friend's sister was going to do pictures for them in a close by neighborhood and they were very late and it was almost dark so they were in a BIG hurry. I got two pictures and they sped off. No corsage presentation or anything. Kind of a bummer. She looked beautiful of course and she had a grand time. Tonight they are on the Saturday date, which is totally weird, but whatever. So here is what I have of her and Alec.
















This is Chelsey unable to sit still while waiting



Today was taxi day. I started around 9:45 am and finished about 3:30. Birthday parties, play practice, work..etc. I did manage to get my nails done in the middle of all that. That's always refreshing. I came home from getting Chelsey at work, changed clothes and headed for Women's Conference. Those are always my favorite meetings. I go away with new goals and renewed faith in the course I'm on. When I got home, Glade was still mowing the lawn. This is what he and the boys had been doing when I was gone.


This says "We"


This one is "heart"



This one "Mommy"


I don't know if he stole this from the Harris', but I thought it was sweet nonetheless!

Side notes: Last night we went out with Joe and Kathy (like I wouldn't mention it!) and Donna and Brandon. Since we didn't have a babysitter, I took Bo and Katy with me. I told him he was going on a date with us. He was very cute and very excited about going on a date. He kept asking which way the date was and are we to the date yet. It was fun. They both behaved really well except for Katy tipping her chair backwards and going down with it. We ordered them a burrito to share. I don't think I have mentioned this, but I have been calling Bo my "hunka hunka burrito" (long story). The whole time he was eating, he would look down at his plate and quietly say "hunka hunka burrito" (rolled "r" and everything) I love that kid!

Dacia: Thanks for your comment about the "why". It wasn't exactly what you said, but what you said triggered another thought that made it all make sense. Thanks for being such a great friend...I love you!

4 comments:

Camille said...

Oh, your sweetie of a husband. I love the lawn!! And your right--she looked beautiful on her date!

Heather said...

Chelsey looks amazing. Hair, dress and personality she is a sweetheart.

Love the lawn. I saw Glade out mowing it, but he hadn't got to that drawing part when I was there.
He did a great job.

Lulu said...

How did I miss the lawn tonight when we came over?? She looks so happy! ha ha- I love Bo- he is such a funny kid. I want to hear him say hunka hunka burrito. Thanks for the fun sabbath!

gena said...

So fun- the lawn and chelsey. Sounds like you had a exciting day:)