Friday, September 26, 2008

Slowing down the day

What a day already. Had bunko last night and got to come home with my pumpkins, Yeah! Woke up with allergies already giving me a fit. Did something about it this time. Tonight is Chelsey's homecoming date and we haven't gotten a boutonniere yet. I know, but I've been a little busy. So after taking the kids to school I thought I would stop by the grocery store to look for one but no luck. I also went to pick up my pears. As we were pulling away, Bo comments that his window is down so I rolled it up. *SCREAM* He didn't mention his hand was out the window. Now he was crying and Katy was already crying because she wanted her binky and I didn't bring one. I guess we are just going home. Probably better anyway. I really didn't want to drive all over hoping someone would have a boutonniere. Bo is on the couch with an ice pack and Katy is sleeping. I found a flower shop in town and I'm just waiting for them to open. They had their football game last night and they played my old school and won. That sucks for me but the girls are having a riot with it. Julia is doing Chelsey's hair this afternoon and hopefully all will go smoothly after that. She is very excited.

FAMILY CIRCLE

Katy always has waffles for breakfast. She loves them. I only butter them, no syrup. I figure until she realizes they are bland why give her the extra sugar. Today we were out of butter so I put syrup on them. I looked over at her and she was throwing the waffle pieces off her plate. I thought it was weird since she hadn't eaten very much. Just a few seconds later I look over and she is licking the plate. I guess she likes the syrup.

Riding in the car, Bo was whining that we weren't going anywhere. He didn't want to stay at home. I explained that sometimes Mommy needs to stay home and get some work done, like laundry. Then he asked me if I was going to talk in there.

me: Where?
bo: In the laundry room.
me: talk to who?
bo: I don't know, you always talk while you are in there.
me: (light bulb) Probably.

In reflecting on my time in the laundry room, I say things like: What stinks in here....who left a wet towel in the basket....what a disaster.....why are there clean clothes in the dirty laundry...etc. Funny that he even notices cuz obviously they are all rhetorical questions and I'm just complaining out loud. He must think there is someone or something to talk to in that room. He really is a very observant little guy.

1 comment:

Lulu said...

After our gory conversation tonight about cars/quads and accidents with body parts I am surprised that you didn't check for his hand before you rolled up the window!