Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's Eve

Well, what started out as a little party turned into a kind of big party! Without getting myself all wound up again, our Stake planned this big night of activities for the kids age 12 - 18. This required me to be in my car 4 different times between 6:30 and midnight. Totally sucky. So we invited 2 friends over to hang out with us and our kids since we had to be hanging around our house and driving back and forth. We kind of left it as an open invitation to anyone who didn't have anything else to do. We ended up with 7 couples and a bunch of kids.

It was actually very nice and the kids did soooo well! It was noisy and chaotic, but they were all good, no crying or arguing. That makes such a difference. We didn't get to do much games wise with all the kids, but it was fun to just hang out and talk and get to know some of the couples we hadn't spent much time with. As always, I made way too much food. We have been snacking all day today. Once some of the big kids got home, we took all the little ones to Julia's house and things settled down a lot after that. We tried some games, but it was a kind of big group to do too much. At midnight, we watched the ball drop, toasted our friends and kissed our spouses. Julia had brought some poppers and stuff so we went outside to do that. Glade lit off a bottle rocket which took a wrong turn and headed straight into the house between Shelli's legs and actually burned Janelle a little on her foot. Didn't scared little Jared one bit. It really was a fun night and we were in bed by 1. Crazy part, when Julia brought my little ones home, they had stayed awake the whole time! AND, they were still up by 8 am. Go figure.

Today we went to my mom's to get some sewing done. Came home and thought I would lay down for an hour then go running. About 2 and a half hours later Stephen came in and asked me when we were leaving. Woops, no running today. Tonight some family is coming over to finish off the rest of our food and celebrate our 2 nieces birthdays. Tomorrow, headed to the snow! I'm gonna need a vacation from this winter break!

2 comments:

Lulu said...

We will totally do it at my house next year! I guess I just thought all along we were going BIG! We sure went out with a bang though didn't we? I had fun!

Jake and Jenny said...

What a fun New Years Eve! Happy New Year!