Sunday, January 25, 2009

My first girls night

Friday night I went out with some of my friends to celebrate a birthday. Glade happened to be going out of town with the scouts so I was free. We (I) had so much fun! We went to Olive Garden and I ate something way outside of my points limits, but it was sooo yummy. Girl talk was fabulous. I was extra lucky because I had Bunko the night before so I had two nights of silly girl stuff. We stayed at the restaurant till 10 pm. What a blessing to have great friends. Now, this was my first GNO in the literal sense. Glade and I have never had that kind of relationship where we leave the other behind to go play with our friends. Of course, we do lots of things with out each other, but date nights are for us. Even though he was not available or even home, I still had a twinge of guilt at going out on a "date night" without him. As fun as it was, and it really was, I would still choose him. I got home around 10:30 and as soon as I walked in the door, I got a text from him asking if I was home yet. Just the sound of his ringtone made me totally smile. Yep, it's definitely him I love being with the most! So, Shelli, thanks for being born and thanks for including me in a great night out. Thanks to Glade who texted me and made the whole great night that much better.

3 comments:

Lulu said...

It was a grand time! I am so glad you came. Once in a blue moon it's nice to get out with your girlfriends and get in some chat time.

Unknown said...

I have to agree with you, GNO is fun and all, but the hubby is just so much better.

Heather said...

I'm sorry I missed it. Next time. Glad you had fun and text from hubby is the icing.