Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I need a Maid...

I'm having such a hard time staying caught up with my life this last week or so. So many things I think throughout the day "I need to blog that" and then I don't and by the time I get the chance to sit down and do it something else has happened and I forget. So today I'm just rambling. No particular order.

Sunday, Chelsey asked Jerek to Morp. (Prom backwards) She had made a carrot cake on Saturday which turned out to be a disaster and put her in tears. So Sunday I helped her do another one. She decorated it with a big carrot that said Morp? on it. Then she stuck a little card with it that said "Some bunny wants to asks you to Morp. If you "carrot" all, you'll say yes." It was a little tricky delivering it because he offered to give her a ride to where they were going that night and she didn't want to ask him, then turn right around and go somewhere with him. Awkward. So after they left, we took it to his house for when he got home.
Last night around 10 pm the doorbell rang. We figured it was him. He left a bucket full of carrots with little cut up letters mixed in on the doorstep. On the bucket it said "Somebunny does "carrot". The card said "A ____ like me would love to go with a ______like you. In the bucket was a Big Hunk candy and a box of Sweethearts. (fill in the blanks). It was super cute and now we have a ton of carrots!

Sunday while laying down with Bo I asked what he learned in Sunbeams. He sat up and said with wide eyes "Did you know our bodies are temples??" We talked about that a little and I was so grateful for a wonderful primary teacher who takes the time to get through a lesson with a bunch of wiggly 3 yr olds. It's working!

Yesterday Stephen had his first playoff game for football. They had lost 6 boys to grade checks. They were playing the whole game with only 7 kids. No breaks or replacements. I'm pretty sure that the other team scored every time they had the ball and even sometimes when it was our ball. So hard to watch. They even called it with a few minutes left to end the torture. The one bright spot: The ref came over to our coach while the boys were huddled to console him a little and said "Well, if nothing else you have a center with a GREAT snap!" Guess who plays center - Stephen! That made up for the loss just a smidge for him. Baseball starts soon.

We did some room switching this weekend. I brought Brooklyn down to room with Katy and put Bo up with Dalin. I thought Dalin needed to stop being the baby and take on some responsibility. That was a good thought till Stephen decided he wanted away from Nick and Rhett so he switched with Dalin. I have no idea how it will all work out. At least I can keep a better eye on Brooklyn and hopefully break some of her bad habits. I miss Bo already though.

London's Run is on Saturday so you are not supposed to work out too much before a race, let your body rest. I haven't run at all since the 9 miles on Thursday. I decided to go to the gym and see if I could just run the whole 3 miles without stopping. I did! It's only the second time I've ever done it. My body is strong, my mind is weak. I do as well as I tell myself I'm going to. Gotta work on that.

I need a maid. With all that has gone on in the last week, my laundry is piled everywhere. Clean, dirty, some I'm not sure of. Most of it in my room which totally bugs Glade, sorry honey! I still have scout stuff to do for tonight's pack meeting. If only I could wave a wand and have my house cleaned, the yard done, and my kids happy and clean for just a few hours. Nice thought. Reality says I better get at it.

8 comments:

Kristine said...

There are always so many nuggets of wisdom in your blogs!! I loved the Morp stuff! Sounds like fun!

Leslie said...

I wonder what exercises we can do to make our minds as strong as our bodies. If you figure that one out be sure to blog it. ;)

Unknown said...

The morp stuff is super cute!! And I have the name and number of a fabulous cleaning lady if you're interested.

Jake and Jenny said...

A magic wand would be so nice every now and then! I love your "reality says I better get at it".

gena said...

I'm with you-my house needs a maid and I have half the kids and half the house:)

Anonymous said...

hmmm, maybe we could all get together and pay for a maid! Poor lady (or man) would be kaput after a week! It would be nice, though. Dacia

Camille said...

I am LOVIN' the whole ask and answer to the dance thing. What cute CUTE ideas they did!!

p.s. A time for you to be proud of me. Don't laugh, but I did end up putting mind over matter and ran one mile straight yesterday. That was after 20 on the stairclimber and lifting lower body weights for 30+ minutes. And to be honest, I probably could have ran more. :)

Heather said...

I love your reality checks.