Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The hunt, the catch and the release

I woke up this morning determined to find a white dresser for one of the bedrooms. I checked Craig's list, even went to pick one up cash in hand. When I got there it was much littler than I had wanted and wasn't made very well. I went to 3 different furniture stores, didn't even have a single white dresser. How hard is this? I remembered Costco had furniture right now so off we went. Nothing white. With that in mind, I drove clear out to Costco Home. My kids were holding up really well. They did have 2 white dressers, only a couple of hundred dollars more than I was willing to pay. So I settled on a natural wood one that was a little more affordable. We picked up a mattress as well and headed home to take a nap. Whew, shopping in stores where there are no carts is exhausting! At least Katy won't be in a crib till she's two (her birthday is Sunday). I 'm really not looking forward to trying to rearrange everything. Good thing I have strong boys to do the hard work!

Have you ever been fishing? You know when you are certain there is something like a boot on the end of your hook instead of a fish? For some reason, occasionally, it's hard to not keep trying to reel it in. You know it's no good and you know there's nothing in it for you at the end but you just can't seem to let it go. That would be me right now. I'm really trying to just cut the string and give up the fight but I'm not very good at it. One thing I know for sure - Stew in the night gives you nothing but indigestion and bags under your eyes!

3 comments:

Heather said...

I am so glad I talked to you earlier so the fishing thing makes sense to me. The dresser is so nice I just might go get one for Jessika who actually asked for one for Christmas.

Lulu said...

Stew in the night... I can take a stab at what you meant.

Leslie said...

Clever title. Sorry about the stew. I'm glad you found a dresser, even if it wasn't white. You should've just gone to Ikea!
Les.