Thursday, January 22, 2009

New Running Record

So the last few days I have been pretty grouchy for some unknown reason. Today was no different. I didn't run yesterday and going a whole day without it makes me stress a little. Today I set out to run 6 miles one more time before the race in a week. I also have Bunko tonight which = pig out. I really needed to burn the calories as well. I went to the gym and got right to it. At about 4 miles, I thought "it's not happening today" but kept going. Once I got to about 5 and a half, I thought "I'm feeling ok, maybe I'll actually go 7 miles today so I can burn a few more calories. So I did. Then when I got to 7 I figured I might as well go 8. So I did. Once I got to 8, my butt muscle started bugging me again, but I felt really good. The program on the treadmill only does 3.1 miles at a time. By this time, I was almost through the 3rd cycle of the program so I figured I might as well finish it out. 9.5 miles!!! I kept my same running pace through the whole thing. My first 5k (3.1 miles) was like 33 minutes and the second two were about 38 minutes. Not too bad! AND I didn't faint, puke or die! (Jillian). I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow or maybe even later today, but who cares...what a great feeling. Plus, I burned over 1200 calories. That's like a whole days worth. If I eat even a little bit smart at Bunko, I'll still be good! Yeah ME! (in the words of London Tipton)

7 comments:

Kathy said...

Congratulations Laurie!! That's great! I could NEVER do that. When we go to the gym we only use the treadmills to warm up and I think I've only actually RAN two or three times (which is about the same pace as Joe's walking). :o) You are doing great!!

Heather said...

don't you get bored? That is a long time to just run. I am not giving up I will get there. "You're my inspiration", hey isn't that a song. Congrats you are doing fabulous.

Jake and Jenny said...

Yeah Laurie! That is so awesome!

Camille said...

You are my hero--seriously, that is so awesome!! Good for you!

gena said...

Amazing!

Lulu said...

Ok, seriously 9 and a half miles is INSANE. You are a machine. and 1200 calories? Thanks for sharing your news!!

Shelli said...

Yeah you is right! Fantastic!