Saturday, January 10, 2009

A Dirty Saturday

Today started with a nice sleep-in then an invite to go running at the track. I had already planned to go running so this was a nice way to get myself going. We spent about an hour at the track which was the equivalent of 4.75 miles. Mind you, we walked and gabbed about a mile of that. Spent some more time decluttering and crackin the whip to get my kids to do their Saturday chores. About 1 pm Glade decided to empty the garage and try to put everything back in an organized manner. It's 7 pm and he's still at it. We are now left with a bunch of stuff you look at and think "we should keep it" but in reality your brain says "why?"

Nick went to help some friends landscape their new yard and Stephen has been Ice fishing all day. That only left Rhett and Dalin to help dad. Whitley was inside with me and Chelsey had to work today. Brooklyn got to go to a friends house after her chores were done. Everyone is really dirty!

Now dinner is done and the babies are soaking in the tub. My big girls are headed out for different activities and I'm left with piles of clean laundry left to be put away. I guess I'll have to find a good movie and accomplish that nasty task. At least it will all be ready for early church, unlike last week. Tomorrow I have my first scout meeting that I am in charge of. I wish they would get the other girl called cuz it's weird...well...it's just weird. At least I have a lot of ideas so I'm not just running blind. Hopefully it will all go over well.

As I sit, Stephen just got home and brought a big stinky fish right into my room. Disgusting! When I asked what he was going to do with that, he said "go put it in the freezer." Just gonna toss it into the freezer...I don't think so! Shelli.....tell Matt..... NO FISH!! Ewwwwwwwww.....

5 comments:

Shelli said...

It sounds like he was the only one that caught anything. Just let him keep it for awhile and when he has forgotten about it, bring it over and I'll use it to lure the neighbor's dog into a pen so I can haul it to the pound :-)

Lulu said...

I am sad I couldn't go running with you all this morning. And as for the scout meeting you are not running blind. I'm here! Ü I was planning on running the meeting unless you feel comfortable enough to do it.

Kristine said...

What a day. I can relate!! Yuck on the whole fish thing. We don't even eat it at our house (I wish I liked it, but I don't and my kids have never tried it so they been deprived of the whole seafood thing!).

Jake and Jenny said...

Glad you got your garage all cleaned out. That is a job that you put off but when you get it done, Whew, that feels great!

Leslie said...

I love hearing days like this. Feels like I live next door except I didn't have to see the messy garage or smell the fish. ;)
Les.