Thursday, January 29, 2009

Big Girl, Big Bed

Katy turns two on Sunday so I thought it was time she get out of the crib. Since Brooklyn is her new room mate, we had to get a new dresser and a new bed to accommodate everyone. I guess if a mattress on the floor constitutes a new bed! She was SO excited. Since Grandma and Grandpa Whitley always send money for their birthdays, I got her an early gift from them. She now has her own Tinkerbell bed set. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa! Normally I'm a little weird about everything matching, but after reading a friend's blog, I decided to let that go. At least all the colors match in the room. We spent the evening trying to rearrange and put clothes into the new dresser and organize toys, etc. She went to bed pretty well other than she just doesn't like to go to bed! I was prepared for an early morning since there is nothing to keep her there. What I wasn't prepared for was 2:30 am. I heard her little pitter patter down the hall way and she so cheerfully announces "Sleep!" (When Bo wakes up he always says "I had a good sleep!") She was not happy to be put back in her bed. Glade had to use is charms to get her to settle down. I swear he knows that little squeeze on the neck that makes you pass out! When she did get up in the morning, she yells "Bell! Bell!" I love her.








5 comments:

Lulu said...

So cute. Jason finally just started getting up when one of the kids cried since he knew he would be geting out of bed anyway... Yeah for the big bed!

Leslie said...

I'm still dreading the day. Maybe it will go as well as potty training has. ;)

Who blogged about not matching? I need the therapy.

Brooklyn's bed is really cute. Where did you find it?

Unknown said...

Love that! Emma sleeps on a mattress on the floor too. She thinks it's great. This last week all the kids are on mattresses on the floor.

Tairi said...

I love that bed! Hopefully she starts sleeping ALL through the night.

Tammy said...

She is so cute and the room looks great too! I can't believe our babies are 2!